July 17, 2008

Down on the farm and back home again

I am finally caught up with the editing of my recent macro shots. The more mobile Alex gets, the harder it is to get time to sit at the computer....or anything else these days. So be prepared to be overloaded...

I took these on my in-law's farm on Ben's birthday. It had been raining all day and was overcast. It actually made for ideal conditions for shooting outdoors. Direct sunlight is very harsh. Also everything was covered in beautiful water droplets.









Here's some shots I've taken around the house in the past week or so....

A variegated flitillary

In this shot I closed down my aperature to get more of the butterfly in focus. But, if truth be told I really like working in a wide open aperature. I like the depth of field and blurred effect. I know it's not for everyone, but it's what I like.



This shot was taken from inside looking out my living room window.

We've spotted several preying mantis young'ens around our property. They are only as big as my thumb right now.


Here's some more itty bitty bugs...



And who doesn't love a slimy snail?


That's it for now. I need to make more of an effort to stay on top of these, otherwise it gets so overwhelming.

3 thanks for stopping by, i love comments!:

Melissa July 17, 2008 at 5:18 PM  

Oh my. I love the water dropplet ones and the bumble bee! These are all fantastic. The Barn is so cool too!

Unknown July 17, 2008 at 5:56 PM  

Your photographs are breathtaking Tabitha! You have such a good eye! And I love all of the little buggies :)

Vicki Chrisman July 23, 2008 at 7:04 PM  

I'm trying to catch up after being gone.. so lots to look at here. You're nature photos are BREATH TAKING!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Blog List

Followers

Search This Blog

living in the moontime

About This Blog

IMG_4695w
I'm a mom with a camera that loves exploring the world around me through my macro lens...and of course showing off my handsome little men.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Sorpotel Recipe

Back to TOP