March 30, 2009

Macro Monday

I joined a new group on Flickr called Macro Mondays. It's the same concept as the iSpy group that I started except it's geared specifically for macro shots. This week's theme was 'Fools Gold'.

This first shot is Tim's wedding band set up on my favorite book of all time "The Lord of the Rings" by J.R.R. Tolkien.
The One Ring
Granted, it's not The One Ring, but the wedding band is the one ring that rules all and signifies a binding of souls even through the darkest of times.

This next shot is an ironic twist on fools gold. I call it "A Fool's Gold". It is meant to make a powerful statement...those who are led by violence and hatred are fools.
A Fool's Gold
The real irony is Tim is not fond of this image, but he is the one who purchased this gun for me as a Christmas gift a couple of years ago.

I really enjoy doing these challenges. It's not about showing off. It's about stretching yourself creatively and often times I find them thought provoking.

4 thanks for stopping by, i love comments!:

Anonymous March 30, 2009 at 9:19 AM  

Awesome shots!! I absolutely love the ring shot...very nice!

becoming-mom March 30, 2009 at 10:32 PM  

Wow, I've never been interested in Macro photography that I knew of.. but these are making me reconsider!

Devona March 31, 2009 at 7:31 PM  

These are wonderful. So you have anywhere in your profile where you show what camera and lenses you use?

Vicki Chrisman April 1, 2009 at 10:58 PM  

I am CONSTANTLY AMAZED at your eye and your talent! YOU were meant to photograph.. that for sure!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Blog List

Followers

Search This Blog

living in the moontime

About This Blog

IMG_4695w
I'm a mom with a camera that loves exploring the world around me through my macro lens...and of course showing off my handsome little men.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Sorpotel Recipe

Back to TOP