May 25, 2009

Macro Monday

I haven't done one these in a couple of weeks due to time contraints so I was really excited for this week's theme, memories. In keeping with the simplicity of the memory, the images had to be in black and white. It's nice to slow down and reflect.


Remembering Grandaddy
Remembering Grandaddy
The story goes that my grandfather chose to be a paratrooper in WWII because they made more money and he needed it to marry my grandma. He was always a hard worker. Everytime I went to my grandparents he was working so I didn't see much of him. I would get up early before he went off to work and he would fix me pancakes, it was our special time together. I miss sharing 5am pancakes with him.

Mile of Memories
Miles of memories
The first (and only) vehicle I ever bought brand new. She had 7 miles on her when I took her out for a test drive, 26 by the time I signed the papers. She has been on many adventures from trips into the mountains and down to the beach. She has suffered the horrors of daily commuting in downtown traffic. She has safely carried precious cargo, my beautiful children. She has been a faithful friend and after 9 years she is still rolling strong! I call her The Millenium Falcon :)

Childhood Treasure
childhood treasure
This is a pin that I received when I was in Kindergarten as a reward for finishing my work on time. I was so slow that I had to have an egg timer next to me to stay on track. Procrastination is still my worst trait.

1 thanks for stopping by, i love comments!:

Anonymous May 26, 2009 at 5:43 PM  

These are fantastic! I love the story of your grandfather...very sweet. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Blog List

Followers

Search This Blog

living in the moontime

About This Blog

IMG_4695w
I'm a mom with a camera that loves exploring the world around me through my macro lens...and of course showing off my handsome little men.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Sorpotel Recipe

Back to TOP