July 6, 2009

And the candy marches on

We took the boys to the 4th of July parade in town. They had great fun, especially once they realized that the parade marchers throw candy!

Waiting for the parade to start. Look at those beautiful eyes!
IMG_5009w

I enjoyed this float put on by the Red Hat Society. Maybe it's because Tim and I have been watching the HBO miniseries John Adams. An excellent series on the founding of our country.
IMG_5031w

We also saw tractors
IMG_5115w

and horses, my favorite
IMG_5145w

What Ben was most interested in though (besides the candy) was the long line of firetrucks, here they come
IMG_5076w

IMG_5078w

Alex enjoyed them too
IMG_5086w

We were so close that if you look carefully you can see me, distorted forehead and all, reflected in the bumper taking pictures
IMG_5098w

After the parade we came home and I spent the rest of the day in the kitchen shucking corn, deviling eggs, pitting peaches, slicing cucmbers, onions, and tomatoes to go along with good ole American grilled burgers.

0 thanks for stopping by, i love comments!:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Blog List

Followers

Search This Blog

living in the moontime

About This Blog

IMG_4695w
I'm a mom with a camera that loves exploring the world around me through my macro lens...and of course showing off my handsome little men.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Sorpotel Recipe

Back to TOP