January 11, 2010

i heart faces...best face and birthday bash

i heart faces is celebrating their 1st birthday! I stumbled across this site about 6 months ago and have really enjoyed the inspiration and learning opportunities. This week's challenge to post our best face photo taken within the last month. The purpose of the challenge is to see how we've all grown as photographers.

I know I just posted this one the other day, but I love this photo I took of Ben catching snowflakes last week for many reasons. I've been mostly using my 50mm 1.8 lens in the last several months to get reaquainted with it. On this day though I had mounted my 100mm 2.8 macro to scout some neat macro snow shots. I had forgotten how beautifully this lens also works as a portrait lens. I love the creaminess of his skin, and clarity of his eyes. While you're looking, check out that gorgeous fan of eyelashes he has! Melts my heart like a snowflake on the tongue ;)

052e


Be sure to head over i heart faces to check out some really great entries, and they are having an awesome giveaway today too!

12 thanks for stopping by, i love comments!:

Unknown January 11, 2010 at 9:51 AM  

Nice Shot!

Anita Johnson January 11, 2010 at 9:52 AM  

I love the photo you entered! I took time to look at your other posts too...your photography, the way you catch the kids at play, the coloring...just stunning! I wish we could send some of our snow your way.

Abby Izor January 11, 2010 at 10:12 AM  

What a cutie. I love the color and the innocence. Nice photo.

Evette Mendisabal January 11, 2010 at 10:50 AM  

Wow! Such a great capture. I love to see kids playing in the snow. They never seem to tire.

4chalseys@blogger January 11, 2010 at 12:49 PM  

Beautiful! I love it. So crisp and clear. I miss snow : (

Sarah Craig January 11, 2010 at 1:35 PM  

I've been checking out a bunch of the photo entries and yours is absolutely one of my favorites! Love it!

Kim Wheeler Photography January 11, 2010 at 4:24 PM  

Cute picture!

Shae January 11, 2010 at 5:17 PM  

I love all these snow images. Makes me almost wish we had snow here.

McKay Family January 11, 2010 at 7:17 PM  

I am loving the snow images...making me seriously wish for that day I will be able to some pictures like this!

Anonymous January 12, 2010 at 6:54 AM  

Great capture! I love that he's trying t catch snow in his mouth.

Annette January 12, 2010 at 7:02 PM  

I love this photo; I like the composition, the coloring. Just lovely!

Cindy Knull January 13, 2010 at 11:41 AM  

WONDERFUL!

Love the processing. Great capture!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Blog List

Followers

Search This Blog

living in the moontime

About This Blog

IMG_4695w
I'm a mom with a camera that loves exploring the world around me through my macro lens...and of course showing off my handsome little men.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Sorpotel Recipe

Back to TOP