January 18, 2011

project 365/18 ~ homework

18/365


Ben returned to school after being out yet again for over a week due to snow. It will take a few days to get back into the groove of routine and hopefully a little excitement over homework time. He wasn't entirely enthusiastic about it today in case that scowl on his face didn't clue you in.

And not to be left out, "Mini B" had to be given his own paper and pencil so that he could do his homework too.

18(b)/365


I also worked on my own homework assignment. My friend Kelley gave me a gray card yesterday and challenged me to put it to use, particularly during artficial lighting situations. So finding my nearest cooperative subject, a sleeping cat, I went at it.

gray card experiment


I have to admit, there is a HUGE difference. I have used custom white balance before, but never with a gray card. I am amazed at not only the coloring, but also the exposure. These were all taken with the exact same settings other than white balance adjustment and are SOOC (meaning I didn't doctor them up in photoshop). I will experiment some more, but I can see already I may be toting a gray card around with me a lot!

1 thanks for stopping by, i love comments!:

Unknown January 19, 2011 at 7:53 AM  

Oh wow, that is a drastic difference between settings and the custom using the grey card!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Blog List

Followers

Search This Blog

living in the moontime

About This Blog

IMG_4695w
I'm a mom with a camera that loves exploring the world around me through my macro lens...and of course showing off my handsome little men.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Sorpotel Recipe

Back to TOP