April 28, 2007

Saturday Morning Cartoons

So Christy has issued a blog challenge over at Scrapgarden. Her question...

"What is the oldest television show you actually remember watching as a child?"

Saturday mornings used to be the bomb! I remember I would wake before everyone else, grab my bowl of cereal, and sit down for hours of silly entertainment. My favorites included The Smurks, Land of the Lost, The Snorks (yes Sarah, I remember them well), and classic Looney Tunes. Saturday mornings suck now. If you can find any cartoons on at all, they are really bad!

Other shows I watched that came on during the week were Scooby Doo, Wonder Woman, The Six Million Dollar Man, and the Bionic Woman. Oh and I LOVED the Afterschool Specials, remember those? Confession time: Scooby Doo came on after school when I was home alone and I would get scared, but I still watched it. I wore my Wonder Woman under-roos (do they even make these anymore?) and would twirl around exclaiming "Womba Woman" while watching the show. Lynda Carter was my hero! According to my mom I depreciated The Six Million Dollar Man down to The Dollar Man, maybe it's just that even at such a young age I already understood a man's true worth (just kidding honey!).

The earliest shows I remember are Romper Room (romper stomper bomper boo), Sesame Street, and Electric Company (heeeeyyyy yooooouuuuu guuuuuyyyyyssss! Way better than Sesame Street IMO). I've recently seen the Electric Company on DVD. I think I will pick those for Ben soon. We've already gotten him Scooby Doo, Looney Tunes, and even a Pink Panther DVD. I am proud to say he is a HUGE Scooby fan!

1 thanks for stopping by, i love comments!:

Christy April 28, 2007 at 9:15 PM  

Too fun -- I had Wonder Woman underoos too. Scooby Doo used to scare me too as kid, but once I figured out it was always a guy in a mask, I tried to figure out before they did. LOL!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Blog List

Followers

Search This Blog

living in the moontime

About This Blog

IMG_4695w
I'm a mom with a camera that loves exploring the world around me through my macro lens...and of course showing off my handsome little men.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Sorpotel Recipe

Back to TOP