November 25, 2007

It's all about the 2's

2 days This is our 2nd day alone together since Tim has gone back to work. So far we are handling it okay. Yesterday I just set mini goals for myself....we managed to eat, bathe, get dressed, clean up, and a couple of loads of laundry. I even managed to get Ben to go pee-pee in the potty, something he hasn't done since we brought Alex home. Overall a successful day. Ben was a big help and we even got to spend some time cuddling while watching a movie that evening. Today is starting out the same. I think the important thing is to establish routines and it should come easily...I hope!

2 weeks It's hard to believe that Alex is already 2 weeks old. He is starting to lose that old man/newborn look already. He is starting to outgrow his newborn sized clothing and diapers and moving into 0-3 months. He still mostly sleeps, but we do get a little bit of awake time now. Breastfeeding couldn't be going any better, except I will be happy when he gets past this every 2 hours phase....especially at night. Last night I actually put him in his bassinet to sleep. He did pretty good, which surprised me. Let's hope that lasts! Ben refused to sleep anywhere but on a person when he was a baby. Speaking of Ben, he is starting to adjust to his little brother. He shows interest in touching him, has asked to hold him a few times, and loves to retrieve his paci when Alex starts to cry. Of course, this could be because he wants Alex to be quiet, lol. I tried to get a few pictures, but they didn't turn out too well. Here's a few of the better ones....









20 pounds That's how much I've lost so far. Only 7 more lbs to go to get back to my prepregnancy weight. Of course, everything has shifted around and I think my hips are a little wider but overall I am pleased with how I look right now. Much better than post pregnancy with Ben!

Here I am at 40 weeks


and 2 weeks later


Nichol asked me the other day if I miss being pregnant.....not yet. I am enjoying being able to sleep in whatever position I want, the ability to walk and not waddle, the decrease in the trips to the bathroom, etc...But most of all I am enjoying every cuddly moment with my little peanut!

6 thanks for stopping by, i love comments!:

Melissa November 25, 2007 at 5:53 PM  

You are doing great! Your boys are beautiful and wow, did those 2 weeks go by fast or what??

WTG on the weightloss!

Amy November 25, 2007 at 8:52 PM  

Holy crap! I can't believe it's been 2 weeks! They look so cute on the couch! Ben is such a sweet big brother. I can't beleive you have lost 20 pounds already... BRAT!!! :) WTG babe!

Brooke & The Boys November 26, 2007 at 7:38 PM  

Ok, little man really looks like his daddy! Now it's your turn to have a son that is a clone! I wonder if I will have another little Dennis????

. November 29, 2007 at 10:24 PM  

he is just soooo cute! Looks like Tim for sure!

So glad (yet sad) I didn't come over the other day~ cause now I'm full blown sick :( Good call, cause I would've hated to get him sick kiss him for me!

Unknown November 30, 2007 at 11:00 AM  

2 weeks already?! They looks so cute together! I can't believe you have already dropped 20 lbs!! WTG!!

Anonymous December 11, 2007 at 5:25 PM  

Thats great, routines are the way to go, you can do it! Yay on the weight loss!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Blog List

Followers

Search This Blog

living in the moontime

About This Blog

IMG_4695w
I'm a mom with a camera that loves exploring the world around me through my macro lens...and of course showing off my handsome little men.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Sorpotel Recipe

Back to TOP