May 5, 2008

Tweety and the birds

It was a gorgeous day yesterday! I stepped outside to check on Ben and found him very interested in something. When I got closer I realized he was playing with a baby bird. It seems Miss Tweety (who really should have been named Sylvester, but she is a girl) had been up to her usual antics. Fortunately she only stunned this little guy.



So I scooped him up and took him on the back deck to keep an eye on him. I know you're not really supposed to touch baby birds, but I figured he had better chances with me touching him then leaving him for Tweety to finish off.

Ben was fascinated with him!




His family came around looking for him so I decided it was time to let him go. I placed him over in the woods and he immediately started climbing up a tree and calling for his mommy.





I was so relieved to think that the little guy might make it.

I went back inside to finish my chores. A few minutes later Ben came screeching back in hollering that Tweety got a bird. I ran outside and found her tossing a baby chickadee around like a rag doll. It was too late. Ben was so sad, but I think he understands that Tweety was only doing what cats are supposed to do. As I was putting the poor thing in the woods I happened to see our little guy perched in the tree watching. I could tell it was him by the way his feathers had been ruffled. Unfortunately Tweety saw him too and started to stalk. As I was chasing her around I saw another baby sitting on the fence. So I scooped him up and put him on the branch with his brother and managed to catch the cat by her tail. I locked Tweety in the house until nightfall in hopes that mama would take her babies somewhere safer. Last time I checked they had moved on.

I really need to put a bell around Tweety's neck.

1 thanks for stopping by, i love comments!:

Vicki C May 7, 2008 at 9:21 AM  

OH ..your photography is amazing! I sooo enjoy it! darling photos!

There was an error in this gadget
Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Blog List

Followers

Search This Blog

living in the moontime

About This Blog

IMG_4695w
I'm a mom with a camera that loves exploring the world around me through my macro lens...and of course showing off my handsome little men.
There was an error in this gadget

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Sorpotel Recipe

Back to TOP