June 11, 2008

Other happenings

It's been a delightful week or so around our home. Tim took the weekend off, even though we couldn't afford the gas to go anywhere, sometimes the best vacations are spent at home.

We finally have our garden box set up.

(we won't discuss the fashionable Chinese bamboo peasant hat my husband is wearing, all I can say is it's a good thing he didn't wear this when we first met)

We are growing:

yellow squash
sweet potatoes
tomatoes
grape tomatoes
bell peppers
watermelon
canteloupe
some other type of pepper
eggplant
basil
parsley
cilantro
spearmint
peppermint
thyme

This is our first adventure in growing our own fruit, vegetables, and herbs. Already we've discovered some things to do better next year. It's been a real learning experience for me. Not to mention extremely gratifying to be able to step outside and snip fresh herbs from our yard while cooking. I can't wait for everything to ripen!

My folks came up earlier last week for a belated birthday celebration for me and mom. Ben really enjoyed hamming it up for the grandparents, and of course eating birthday cake.

Poor Alex was grumpy from teething but found comfort in Pop's arms.


Mom looked fantastic and I really enjoyed our time together!


Tim, as usual, made a fabulous meal for everyone. I am so lucky I married a man that enjoys cooking...not to mention he's pretty darned good at it! I always joke with him that I'd never leave him simply for the fact that I could never find anyone that would be able to cook my steak to such perfection as he does.

I just finished a good book titled "Peony In Love" by Lisa See. While it was enjoyable, I didn't find it as good as "Snow Flower and the Seceret Fan" by the same author. I really need to find time for more reading. I have a list of "to read" books a mile long, lately all I get is few minutes at night as I fall asleep.

We've also enjoyed some good movies lately...."Juno" and "Into the Wild" make the top of my 'must see' list. I have also been sucked into the series "Six Feet Under" compliments of Sarah. It's a really good show!

That's about all that's been happening around our house...just everyday things in our everyday life. I'll be adding an update on Alex soon, so stay tuned....

p.s. I am adding a disclaimer...I've noticed in some of my recent posts the coloring looked washed out in the pictures I've posted. After investigating I realized that I had the color management set wrong in both of my photo editing programs (Adobe Lightroom & Elements), so they wern't working well together. I hopefully have that fixed now, but don't have the time or energy to go back and fix the older ones so there you have it.

5 thanks for stopping by, i love comments!:

TanishaRenee June 12, 2008 at 11:11 PM  

Alex has the most captivating eyes!

Happy belated birthday!!

Melonie June 13, 2008 at 4:50 PM  

Happy Birthday a little late!
As always fab pics!
Hope your garden adventure pays off big time!! Happy weekend.

Vicki Chrisman June 15, 2008 at 2:00 AM  

Oh...your photos are ALWAYS beautiful! You will really enjoy having a garden. We always had a big garden when the boys were little. I froze and canned so much. I was great to have in the winter.
I havent seen Juno..but I LOVED LOVED LOVED "Into the Wild"!!
Happy Belated Birthday!

Unknown June 15, 2008 at 12:44 PM  

Into the Wild was awesome and the soundtrack is amazing (if you're an Eddie Vedder fan which I think you may be). Great pics! You look like your mom! You're both so pretty :) The garden is looking good!

Melissa June 16, 2008 at 9:32 PM  

You're Mom is so pretty! I see where you get your good looks.
You're boys are as adorable as ever! I love your DH's hat LOL! Adds character to the photo.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Blog List

Followers

Search This Blog

living in the moontime

About This Blog

IMG_4695w
I'm a mom with a camera that loves exploring the world around me through my macro lens...and of course showing off my handsome little men.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Sorpotel Recipe

Back to TOP