June 10, 2008

Recent projects

I picked up the cutest piece of vintage fabric the other day at the antique store. I've been wanting to do something for curtains in my office for a while now but hadn't found the right thing yet until I happened upon the fabric. Here is what I came up with....


Here's a close-up of the bird I made from leftover felt from Ben's Halloween costume, rik rak, and scrap material.


I'm pretty pleased with the outcome! Especially since I really can't sew and didn't have a clue what I was doing. I plan to hang the ribbon loops up top from antique door knobs whenever I luck across those, for now it is hung with thumb tacks.

I then decided I needed a pincushion and found the coolest tutorial here.

This was so simple to make and I have a new website I am addicted to. I used the cap from a spray paint can because I wanted my pincushion to actually be cupcake sized.

I bought this window a while back with the intentions of putting scrapbook layouts in the panes. But being the perfectionist that I am I could never settle on just the right pictures to use since this would be a permanent wall hanging. Instead I popped the glass out, replaced it with chicken wire, and crackle painted the wood. Ta-da! I have a new bulletin board to go over my desk. I love it!


I also made the marble magnets from scrap pieces of scrapbook paper, even though you really can't see them too well in the picture. Here is where I got that idea.

My next project will be to make some fairies seen here inspired by the fabulous Vicki. I've already picked up the wooden spools. Now I need to get some cute full body shots of the boys....and of course some free time.

3 thanks for stopping by, i love comments!:

Vicki Chrisman June 11, 2008 at 5:28 PM  

Oh.. your curtain is darling!! Very cute!
I have a frame exactly like that..that I put corkboard behind.

Anonymous June 11, 2008 at 7:34 PM  

Who ever hung it on the wall is a genius, damn I'd like to meet that person!!

TanishaRenee June 12, 2008 at 11:21 PM  

cute, cute, cute- especially the window!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Blog List

Followers

Search This Blog

living in the moontime

About This Blog

IMG_4695w
I'm a mom with a camera that loves exploring the world around me through my macro lens...and of course showing off my handsome little men.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Sorpotel Recipe

Back to TOP