July 10, 2008

This old man

He turned 10 today!


Yes, I know my dog's birthday. I'm weird that way. But really he was our 1st child. We brought him home when he was a mere 6 weeks old, a small puffy pile of cotton with the sweetest puppy breath ever. He was so small, he sat in my lap on the ride home.....now, 140lbs later I think he would break my lap.

Here he is enjoying his birthday present that Ben picked out for him, a rawhide bone. And Ben was very specific that it had to be a BIG bone.



Kojak has been my first real experience raising a dog. I've always been a cat person. He is such a gentle giant and a sensitive soul. I could not ask for a better friend.....well, except for maybe when he's stealing food or digging in the trash can because that's just rude.

It hurts to watch him now. It is obvious he is getting old and his hips bother him. I fear the day we lose him. I know my heart will break into a thousand pieces. Some people may think it strange to be so attached to an animal, but next to your own children you will never find such unconditional love.

3 thanks for stopping by, i love comments!:

Unknown July 10, 2008 at 9:30 PM  

He is so sweet! That top pic of him is beautiful! Pets ARE family. I think more people should learn that...then there would be less animal cruelty. Happy Birthday Kojak!

Vicki Chrisman July 11, 2008 at 2:13 AM  

OH.. I totally agree! He is gorgeous! Happy Birthday!!

Amy July 12, 2008 at 11:11 AM  

Happy Birthday Big Boy!!! He is so sweet.
On a photography side note- how did you get the background in the first pic to look solid black? That looks so cool. And the grass in the second pic is so green. How do you do that???

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Blog List

Followers

Search This Blog

living in the moontime

About This Blog

IMG_4695w
I'm a mom with a camera that loves exploring the world around me through my macro lens...and of course showing off my handsome little men.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Sorpotel Recipe

Back to TOP