September 7, 2008

Around town and out of this world

Around town....

We had our 1st challenge this week on the Flickr group I formed. This week's challenge was to capture an image with lines (real or implied) that lead your eye across the photo. I really enjoyed getting out around town to see things with a different eye.

I originally had this shot in mind when I came up with the challenge.
iSpy-Leading Lines Challenge.4
It is a historic wood bridge at the end of Main Street and leads to the best restaurant you'll ever eat at. It has recently been closed to traffic due to deterioration. I am actually disappointed with how this photo turned out, not like I envisioned at all.

I like this shot for all the layers of lines...the grass, the trees, the mountains, and the clouds...even though it doesn't necessarily lead your eye anywhere.
iSpy-Leading Lines Challenge.2
These are the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains, where it all begins, and I love the fact that I get this view everytime I go out to run errands around town.

And here is my unexpected surprise and exactly the type of photo I wanted for this challenge!
iSpy-Leading Lines Challenge.3
This is my favorite of the series! I just love how your eye is grabbed and pulled into the image. It was taken at the local technical college in town.

This week's challenge will be about reflections. It's not too late to join if you're interested, just click here and jump in!

Out of this world....

I recently found a Tomato Hornworm hanging out, in of all places, our tomato plants. I used to think caterpillars were cute. After looking at them through a macro lens I have decided they aren't really that cute and resemble something you might find in the movie Aliens.

Tomato Hornworm

Tomato Hornworm-Up close and personal

Still pretty cool though. Too bad something came along and gobbled him up. He would have turned into a Five Spotted Hawk Moth, and from the images I saw on Goggle they look very interesting.

One last photo to share because I just love it.

Great Spangled Fritillary

2 thanks for stopping by, i love comments!:

Melissa September 7, 2008 at 11:19 PM  

Okay, for some reason I thought this was in the same post as the one below me...lol. I commented on this down there. ;)

Unknown September 8, 2008 at 8:19 PM  

Caterpillars are definitely not cute to me anymore LOL But I am in love with moth and butterfly faces...those I think are really cute :)

Great shots as usual! And the last of the series of challenge photos is my favorite too...although they are all beautiful. That last one is just awesome!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Blog List

Followers

Search This Blog

living in the moontime

About This Blog

IMG_4695w
I'm a mom with a camera that loves exploring the world around me through my macro lens...and of course showing off my handsome little men.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Sorpotel Recipe

Back to TOP