April 7, 2009

Macro Monday (on Tuesday)

This weeks Macro Monday theme was Frugality. This is something that hits very close to home for me. For the past 5 years we have lived on a super tight budget while we paid off old debts. It has been a real struggle and at times we barely made it. There have been many a time that we've had to count change in order to buy milk and bread.

All rolled up

We cut corners every where we could....we ditched the satellite and cell phones, we cloth diapered Alex in efforts to lessen our monthly expenses, I shopped at thrift stores and accepted hand me downs to clothe my family, I learned how to grocery shop on a budget, and many other sacrifices were made.

Cloth is cheap


I've learned a lot about myself through this journey. Looking back I am embarrassed by our reckless abandon. I realized that we are very wasteful and greedy. Material things are just that, things. I am so blessed to have been given this lesson in humility. My reward is my beautiful family and the opportunity to instill these values in my children.

I am proud to say that we did make it....we are officially living life debt free now! Special thanks to our family and friends for their help and support along the way.

2 thanks for stopping by, i love comments!:

Anonymous April 7, 2009 at 3:37 PM  

I love both of these shots and can very much relate!

Unknown April 16, 2009 at 3:51 PM  

That is so awesome to read. Makes me take a step back. For some reason I can't help but think WSP had something to do with it. lol

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Blog List

Followers

Search This Blog

living in the moontime

About This Blog

IMG_4695w
I'm a mom with a camera that loves exploring the world around me through my macro lens...and of course showing off my handsome little men.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Sorpotel Recipe

Back to TOP