May 2, 2009

Alex's 1st torture session, or some would call it a haircut

It was time. As much as I didn't want to do it. The 1st haircut signifies that last right of passage out of babyhood. Sigh. Where does the time go?

I am going to miss twirling my fingers in those curls.
I'm going to miss twirling my fingers in those curls

On the way to the same barber shop where Ben had his 1st haircut at the same age. He is looking pretty shaggy.
The ride to the barber shop

While waiting our turn he thought he'd text message a few of his closest buds.
Already texting at (almost) 18 months

See this smile? Take note, it's the last one you'll see until it's all over with.
The only time he smiled

The 1st snip.
1st snip

"I don't like this!"
I don't like this

"Not one bit!"
Not one bit

Heartbreaking, yet funny as hell.
Pure torture

Check out that snot bubble!
Look at that snot bubble

The tears, the snot, the drool...oh my!
Tears, snot, and drool...oh my!

At this point he's run out of screams and just silently whimpering.
Too tired to scream, now just doing the silent sob

IMG_2131w

Whew! All done.
All done

Now he looks like a boy, even picking his nose.
Now he looks like a boy, including the nose pick

Isn't he the cutest?
He's so cute!

While we were there, big brother got a haircut too.
Big brother got a haircut too

He took his like a, well, a big boy.
He took his like a big boy
But if truth be told, he didn't like his 1st haircut so much either...

4 thanks for stopping by, i love comments!:

Melissa May 2, 2009 at 1:28 PM  

Awww...poor baby!!! He sure looks handsome, though. Both boys do!
They grow up so fast!

Anonymous May 2, 2009 at 2:06 PM  

I notice he never let go of that sucker, in his hand or his mouth. One time he's looking at that sucker like, How Could you Let this Happen to Me. He is as beautiful as Ben. Grandma loves them both. LD

Anonymous May 6, 2009 at 8:18 PM  

Oh my gosh! I nearly peed my pants looking at these...hilarious!!

Anonymous May 8, 2009 at 5:46 PM  

Love it! The hairy sucker really wasn't much consolation, huh? :O)

My son still hates haircuts, and he'll be 7 on Sunday. The last one I said "How do you want your hair cut?"
(him)"The same as last time."
(Me) "You hated it last time!"
(him)"I'll hate it this time too. But I'll get over it."

Beautiful blog Tabitha!
~Gwen Brown

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Blog List

Followers

Search This Blog

living in the moontime

About This Blog

IMG_4695w
I'm a mom with a camera that loves exploring the world around me through my macro lens...and of course showing off my handsome little men.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Sorpotel Recipe

Back to TOP