October 21, 2009

Udderly fun

Ben had his 1st Kindergarten field trip to a local dairy farm and I got to tag along. I didn't get very many good pictures because I really don't have the right lens for this sort of thing. It's difficult to back up in a crowd with a 50mm lens. But, it was still tons of fun and with each image I can recall exactly what was going on at the time.

We started out with a demonstration on how they milk the cows.

IMG_9088


After the lecture each child got a chance to stick their finger in the machine to see what it felt like. Unfortunately my auto focus got bumped off and I didn't catch it until the moment was gone. Ben giggled like a girl when it started squeezing his finger.

IMG_9093


Then we got to go on a hay ride and the cows came right up to the trailer to feed. Ben loved how close they got!

IMG_9154


Did I mention it was freezing that day? He had on a shirt, sweatshirt, and fleece lined jacket and still chattered his teeth.

IMG_9116


The kids also got a chance to feed the goats....

IMG_9157


and pet the calves, which was my favorite part. Look at that adorable pink freckled nose!

IMG_9168


But if you ask Ben what his favorite part of the field trip was, he will not hesitate when he tells you riding the bus since I'm a mean mom and won't let him ride the bus to and from school :)

IMG_9197

3 thanks for stopping by, i love comments!:

Unknown October 21, 2009 at 3:04 PM  

FaNtAsTiC pics Tabitha! Love the shots of the nibbling goat and Ben through the bus window :)

Unknown October 21, 2009 at 5:20 PM  

I love all of these pictures! The bus one is soooo sweet...and good for you for giving your kiddo a ride to and from school...I do too. I feel they are only young for such a short time, and some of the stuff that happens on the bus...well, I want mine to be young for as long as they can! Looks like you all had a great field trip! A fun share!

Unknown October 21, 2009 at 6:31 PM  

That picture of Ben on the bus is my absolute favorite! How fun!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Blog List

Followers

Search This Blog

living in the moontime

About This Blog

IMG_4695w
I'm a mom with a camera that loves exploring the world around me through my macro lens...and of course showing off my handsome little men.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Sorpotel Recipe

Back to TOP