January 25, 2010

i heart faces - texture

218ew


My best friend is getting married at the end of March and I was so honored when she asked if I would take her engagement photos. Even though I have no practice taking photos of other people and it was rainy and cold that day, I am pleased with the outcome. This is my favorite shot from the day because it was truly a candid moment. They had no idea I was shooting at the time and I was able to capture their love for each other in earnest.

This week's challenge at i heart faces is about the use of textures and I felt this was a perfect example. Because this day was a gray and dreary day, the added texture in photoshop helped brighten the image. I also like the natural contrasting textures in the background location. Be sure to hop over and check out the other fantastic entries this week!

7 thanks for stopping by, i love comments!:

4chalseys@blogger January 25, 2010 at 10:19 AM  

This is such a great shot and I LOVE your post processing. The texture is absolutely perfect for this photo. Wonderful!

Heather Kelson January 25, 2010 at 11:30 AM  

This is an absolutely perfect photo. Love the perspective!!! great shot!!!

two red heads and two brunettes January 26, 2010 at 11:43 AM  

Awesome job! Shooting in the rain can be tricky and you pulled it off BEAUTIFULLY!

Serendipity Photography by Jenny Porter January 26, 2010 at 12:48 PM  

Beautiful picture I love the texture! Great Job!!

Unknown January 30, 2010 at 3:17 PM  

This is gorgeous! I LOVE the processing :-) she must love this one!

congrats on being a winner this week too! yay!

Unknown January 30, 2010 at 5:01 PM  

Oh my goodness! I love this picture. It is SO pretty. And I can see their love so evident! I am VERY excited that you get to be a winner this week. This picture rocks!

Anonymous June 27, 2010 at 11:14 PM  

Because Moontime is the best time to shoot! Take it outdoors next go around:) Your work is fab!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Blog List

Followers

Search This Blog

living in the moontime

About This Blog

IMG_4695w
I'm a mom with a camera that loves exploring the world around me through my macro lens...and of course showing off my handsome little men.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Sorpotel Recipe

Back to TOP