February 1, 2010

28 days of love: day 1

I was inspired this evening to challenge myself with a photography project. Since February is the month of love (if you buy into that whole commercialized hallmark holiday hoopla) I have decided to take and post a photo every day of something I love. Feel free to join along!

019ew


Today's photo has two loves, well three if you count the obvious cute blond boy there...I love that my boys enjoy reading. Both of them could sit in their floor for 30 minutes (in Alex time this is half the day) and pour through a pile of books. They look forward to bedtime every night so that I can read a story to them. This is also one of my favorite times of the day, unless it's a Dr Seuss book they've chosen for me to read. Talk about tongue twisting!

I also happen to love that particular book that Ben is reading. I remember reading it as a child at my grandma's house. She had a bookcase in her hallway that she kept filled with children's books and for some reason this one is clearly etched in my memory. Now I read it to Ben and Alex and they love it. When I raise my voice along with Grover and plead with them not to turn the page they giggle wildly and dare me to do it anyway.

2 thanks for stopping by, i love comments!:

Anonymous February 3, 2010 at 5:39 PM  

I had that book also and so do my kids~

Carol

Lorelei Eurto April 22, 2010 at 11:00 AM  

that book, is my favorite book from my childhood. i gotta go home and see if I still have it!1
your blog is great. I love your photography. I found you from Kelley Wenzel :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Blog List

Followers

Search This Blog

living in the moontime

About This Blog

IMG_4695w
I'm a mom with a camera that loves exploring the world around me through my macro lens...and of course showing off my handsome little men.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Sorpotel Recipe

Back to TOP