April 13, 2010

wishful wisteria

I noticed this week on our 5 mile commute to Ben's school several patches of gorgeous wisteria blooming. As I rode by with my windows down I was nearly rendered intoxicated with their lovely fragrance. I vowed to go back and try and capture their beauty when the lighting was just right, so this evening I packed the kids up at the 'golden hour' of 7pm to go have a play. Little did I know that wisteria is apparently crack for bees. I have grown an appreciation for bees since owning my macro lens and no longer run squealing like the girl that I am when they come near. However tonight, well tonight I not only acted like a squealing little girl I actually had a few moments where I feared for my life. I have never encountered that many bees in the same area that were so very protective of their territory. And I'm not talking about little honey bees. No, these were the Mike Tyson of bees with a buzz that could cause deafness. They were large and very much in charge of their wisteria. I quickly fired off 10 shots and crossed my fingers I got something salvageable.

intoxicating wisteria


I am for the most part happy with this image. It's pretty much how I envisioned it when I first saw the wisteria. No matter, it will have to do because I surely won't be going back!

2 thanks for stopping by, i love comments!:

Unknown April 14, 2010 at 8:27 AM  

I think the shot turned out great! And those big bumblebees are a bit disconcerting when doing their dive-bombing gig.

Unknown April 14, 2010 at 9:09 AM  

Just beautiful Tabitha! I wouldn't be going back either! F that! LOL

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Blog List

Followers

Search This Blog

living in the moontime

About This Blog

IMG_4695w
I'm a mom with a camera that loves exploring the world around me through my macro lens...and of course showing off my handsome little men.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Sorpotel Recipe

Back to TOP