May 10, 2010

my mother's day wish

All I really wanted for Mother's Day was a photo of me and my boys. I even thought how fun it would be to start a new tradition of taking our photo under my gift, the weeping willow. Each year I could watch how the boys and tree grow. Pretty neat, huh?

Well, in the infamous words of Mick Jagger...you can't always get what you want. Especially when you have 2 high energy little boys with agendas all their own. In my 1st attempt Alex wouldn't give up his coke without screaming his head off, so I gave it back. Ben decided it would be much more fun to show his butt (yes, literally) instead of hugging me sweetly.

The result....an out of focus pic with a cola crazed babe, a butt wagging boy, and a less than impressed mama. Yep, the look on my face says it all.

054ew


I'm pretty sure I won't be hanging this one over the fireplace.

But I will look back at it and smile.

I'll smile because it will remind me of my boys' wild, silly, oddball ways at this age. And they will only be this age once.

I did enjoy my day spending time with them. Listening to Ben tell his funny (only in his world) jokes.

072ew


And occasionally catching the wild one long enough for a snuggle.

118ew


Maybe I'll just frame these two images, side by side and hang them on the wall. It's almost my wish come true.

3 thanks for stopping by, i love comments!:

Unknown May 10, 2010 at 9:44 PM  

I love all 3 pictures! The first one made me giggle....because I have so many blurry pics like that myself.

Unknown May 10, 2010 at 10:08 PM  

I can't stop giggling to myself over your first pic with Ben's butt, your expression and the thought hanging overhead that this will never make it to the fireplace.

My favorite is still the middle one of you looking at Ben as he intently tells you his jokes.

Unknown May 15, 2010 at 5:23 PM  

Congratulations on being a winner at I Heart Faces this week! So deserved! I like your idea of hanging them side by side :) I think that is perfect!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Blog List

Followers

Search This Blog

living in the moontime

About This Blog

IMG_4695w
I'm a mom with a camera that loves exploring the world around me through my macro lens...and of course showing off my handsome little men.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Sorpotel Recipe

Back to TOP