May 10, 2010

i heart faces ♥ celebrating mom

This week's theme at i heart faces is "Celebrating Mom". I knew immediately the perfect image to enter!

I have been slowly building up my newborn portfolio for launching my photography business. Each session has been full of challenges, disappointments, learning experiences, and occasional successes. This session was no different. Baby Sam was so beautiful, but he was not really interested in being away from mom's loving embrace. At all. We spent more time on breaks than actual shooting. While I was waiting to try again I noticed the light falling down on mom and baby, it was just perfect. I snapped a few pics and the minute I did I knew it was right.

016ew


Later during post processing I was moved to tears by the connection I captured between mother and son. This is what I am striving for in my images, the emotional connection. I feel confident in saying this was a success. What an all encompassing example of motherhood...nurturing, loving, tender, caring, comforting. Baby Sam is a lucky boy!

(and I'm more than a little jealous that I don't have a similar image of myself and my babes during this special time)

Be sure to check out the other great and moving entries over at i heart faces. I have a feeling a Kleenex will be needed, but then again I'm a cry baby like that.

14 thanks for stopping by, i love comments!:

Beth May 10, 2010 at 9:29 AM  

Absolutely stunning...and I'm with you - I wish I had pictures like this with my two girls. I'm sure this mom will cherish this photo forever.

Anonymous May 10, 2010 at 9:31 AM  

Very touching, well done :)

Evette Mendisabal May 10, 2010 at 9:35 AM  

Beautiful capture. A treasure for sure.

diplofam May 10, 2010 at 9:53 AM  

Perfect. It captures what we mothers spend 80 percent of our time doing those first few precious months.

Raymonde May 10, 2010 at 10:09 AM  

So beautiful!

I pray every success on you and your new business venture.

Blessings.

Unknown May 10, 2010 at 10:51 AM  

soooooo precious.

C.M. Hughes May 10, 2010 at 1:06 PM  

what a keepsake!!! beautiful!!!

Jenn Jorgensen May 10, 2010 at 4:19 PM  

stunning. a beautiful moment only capturable by you. it's magic.

Unknown May 10, 2010 at 4:23 PM  

What a beautiful image. Tender and perfect. Sometimes, often really, my best pictures are not perfect, but the emotional connectedness IS perfect therefore making them perfect :)

Amanda Rooney May 10, 2010 at 5:15 PM  

This is so tender and sweet!! I love the way you captured an everyday moment with a newborn and made it absolutely beautiful! It looks you made time stand still!! AWESOME!!

Unknown May 10, 2010 at 9:45 PM  

So beautiful Tabitha!

Mimi May 11, 2010 at 12:40 AM  

so beautiful! I regret not having some pics like this.

sharon@lovely bud May 13, 2010 at 5:04 PM  

precious i cant express the feelings it brings to me

kate's corner May 17, 2010 at 1:16 PM  

i love this picture. what a great capture. totally inspiring!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Blog List

Followers

Search This Blog

living in the moontime

About This Blog

IMG_4695w
I'm a mom with a camera that loves exploring the world around me through my macro lens...and of course showing off my handsome little men.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Sorpotel Recipe

Back to TOP