June 28, 2010

boys and bugs

It's a good thing owning a macro lens has afforded me a slight appreciation for bugs. As the mother of boys it is inevitable that I will experience tiny hands thrusting many legged creatures in my face to oooh and awww over.

014ew


And they are quite adept at catching the little buggers of all sizes and species.

030ew


Ben has a bug catcher and has collected grasshoppers, ladybugs, ants, rolly pollys, lightening bugs, flies, and a few others I don't really care to know what they are. So far we've been able to convince him to release them each night so that the bug can return to his family...really, I'm just grateful not to have any bugs running loose in the house.

At least the butterflies are pretty. I love this shot of Alex and a Red-Spotted Purple, it's as if they are checking each other out.

034ew

6 thanks for stopping by, i love comments!:

Melissa June 28, 2010 at 7:21 PM  

I <3 boys....not a huge fan of bugs though! Great pictures! Your boys are getting so big.

Anonymous June 29, 2010 at 8:47 AM  

Thanks for the new pictures of the boys. put some on your Zenfolio account. Looks like ya'll are having a great summer. Love you, Dad

Vicki Chrisman June 30, 2010 at 11:47 PM  

Tabitha.. your photos are just so amazing .. time after time! I wish you lived closer to I could be your gopher and LEARN LEARN LEARN from you!

Unknown July 8, 2010 at 1:43 PM  

LOVE that last picture of Alex and the butterfly! Makes me miss having a screen door, too

Unknown July 17, 2010 at 9:49 AM  

Absolutely adorable! Love the pic of Alex and the butterfly too!

Jenn Jorgensen July 19, 2010 at 11:42 AM  

Gorgeous!!!! Esp love the first one!!! Great DOF!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Blog List

Followers

Search This Blog

living in the moontime

About This Blog

IMG_4695w
I'm a mom with a camera that loves exploring the world around me through my macro lens...and of course showing off my handsome little men.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Sorpotel Recipe

Back to TOP