September 15, 2010

crossing one off the bucket list

Bucket lists, we all have them, the list of things you want to do/accomplish before you die. White water rafting has been a to do on my list for quite some time now. Thanks to my dear friend Kelley I was finally able to mark this one off.

FH000006


Even though I am a big chicken at heart, even though I was petrified of getting tossed out of the raft, even though I was a bit worried that our guide was intoxicated, even though I was under the impression we would be given in depth instructions on how the heck to do this before being dumped in the water...I do not remember the last time I had so much fun!!

IMG_2510eweb


Turns out our guide was not intoxicated, he just exemplified 'The Dude' from the "The Big Lebowski" perfectly. He was an excellent guide to have...funny, relaxed, yet obviously very skilled at his profession. And you really don't need much instruction after all. You paddle when he tells you to paddle, and by golly when he yells to LEAN FORWARD, you lean forward. You know what happens when you fall out of the raft? You get wet, you climb back in. Huh. Why did I wait so long to do this? We are already planning to make this an annual adventure. I can't wait!

1 thanks for stopping by, i love comments!:

Unknown September 16, 2010 at 9:41 AM  

FUN!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Blog List

Followers

Search This Blog

living in the moontime

About This Blog

IMG_4695w
I'm a mom with a camera that loves exploring the world around me through my macro lens...and of course showing off my handsome little men.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Sorpotel Recipe

Back to TOP