August 15, 2010

life: full circle

This past weekend I was honored and humbled to bear witness to life full circle.

On Saturday morning I met my dear friend Kelley in Canton to photograph a benefit ride for Kylan Warren. There were at least 50 bikers there waiting to join in on the procession as it traveled from Georgia Power Headquarters in downtown Atlanta to Kylan's hometown of Ellijay.

002eweb


Kylan was a 25 year old newlywed injured in a gas main explosion while working for Georgia Power. He received burns over 80% of his body along with other serious injuries and had been undergoing treatment at Grady Hospital for the past month. Sadly, Kylan passed on the eve of the benefit ride. What was to be a fundraising event became a touching tribute.
128eweb


There were miles and miles of bikers. What struck me the most was all of the different types riders. They were all ages, young and old. They rode Harleys. They rode choppers. They rode crotch rockets. They rode luxurious Honda Gold Wings. It was a diverse group of people coming together for one cause, one person. It was awe inspiring.

134eweb


I did not know Kylan Warren, but it is obvious that he was loved dearly by family, friends, and his community.

As if this tale was not tragic enough, earlier in the week one of the ride coordinators lost control of his bike during a test run of the route. He lost his wife and was seriously injured himself. After the bikers passed by Kelley and I rode down to the crash site where a memorial was placed in honor of Charlene Hyde.

272ebwweb


If you have a spare moment, please include these families in your thoughts and prayers. I can not even begin to imagine the pain and hurt they must be going through.

It was very fitting that the first part of my day the sky was gray and overcast with light rain. And how symbolic that as the evening neared the sky cleared to blue skies and sunshine, just in time for a photo shoot I had booked. I was fortunate to spend the evening with a beautiful couple expecting their 3rd child.

434eweb


On this day I celebrated a life lost and a life just beginning, full circle. It was a needed reminder that our time is short. We need to cherish every moment and make it count.

2 thanks for stopping by, i love comments!:

Unknown August 17, 2010 at 1:40 PM  

It was a day filled with love all the way around, wasn't it? It is still making me tear up thinking about the overwhelming show of support that we witnessed

Vicki Chrisman August 23, 2010 at 11:47 PM  

you captured it all so well with your photos once again Tabitha!
Touching!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Blog List

Followers

Search This Blog

living in the moontime

About This Blog

IMG_4695w
I'm a mom with a camera that loves exploring the world around me through my macro lens...and of course showing off my handsome little men.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Sorpotel Recipe

Back to TOP