August 13, 2010

test subjects

I have a couple of sessions coming up that are *gasp* not newborns, so I did a little scout around town for some neat locations to take them to. After finding some potential spots I gave the boys a quickie washcloth bath, a swipe with a comb, dressed them in matching white polos (which I am fairly certain will never be white again) and drug them out during the golden hour to test my lighting conditions.

I'd like to say I captured some beautiful Norman Rockwell portraits, but let's face it. They are boys. They are my boys. I went by myself without reinforcements to aid in keeping them somewhat focused on the task at hand. Still, I did manage to get some that I really love and will be filling up my walls with some very large prints.

Ben was far more interested in climbing the rocks instead of posing on them
241eweb

he also wanted to be silly instead of serious
292eweb

Alex was even more difficult to catch long enough to pose, but i love this one
421eweb

this one is hands down my favorite from this location and possibly the whole evening!
377eweb


After we left the rock waterfall, which ironically is actually a large fountain located in a business center parking lot, we headed over to an empty field so they could run some energy out. By then the setting sun light was a gorgeous orange glow!

439eweb

you better believe this one is getting hung on the wall
431e5x7web

sometimes they really do like each other
495eweb

my precious boy bringing me clover flowers
457eweb

and mini B not to be outdone had to bring me some too
491eweb

i love this one! although, i am going to rework the processing when i have more time
504eweb

another favorite! is it weird that i love his crooked little teeth?
510eweb

coming to tickle me :)
560eweb


We quickly started losing the sunlight by this point. I stopped off one more place before we headed home. I pass this old deserted tractor almost daily and have been wanting to get the boys on it. It was also a good time to try my hand at off camera flash lighting. I completely flew by the seat of my pants on how to set up and position the lighting, so I am quite pleased with the results. I still have a ton to learn and will definitely be giving it another go soon.

I wish I had a better camera to handle the noise of a mere 400 ISO. sigh.
623eweb

610eweb


Since I had subjected the boys to a torture, er photo session, I decided it was time to torture myself and attempt an updated profile picture for my business page. I am much more comfortable being behind the camera instead of in front, but it's done.

099ehoneyweb

and I got this sweet bonus shot of me comforting Alex after he got a boo boo, I love it!
110eweb


I can't wait to go to these locations with more cooperative subjects ;)

4 thanks for stopping by, i love comments!:

Unknown August 13, 2010 at 2:26 PM  

I LOVE the pics you got of the boys, but can relate to the frustration in gaining the cooperation of our little people. That rock waterfall in a biz parking lot is FaNtAsTiC!!! Can't wait to see future shoots from that spot!

Anonymous August 14, 2010 at 7:35 PM  

This was a really good photo shoot with the boys. How you managed to keep them smiling for so long is amazing. The self photo of you is beautiful. We need it on Zenfolio. If you couyld get a good one of Tim we would have one of each, or a good one of the two of you together. KEEP ON SHOOTING!
~~~lrd~~~

Lori P August 14, 2010 at 10:46 PM  

LOVE the pictures. The waterfall pics especially.

Unknown August 15, 2010 at 10:03 AM  

All of these shots are AWESOME! Really...I'm always impressed by your work :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Blog List

Followers

Search This Blog

living in the moontime

About This Blog

IMG_4695w
I'm a mom with a camera that loves exploring the world around me through my macro lens...and of course showing off my handsome little men.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Sorpotel Recipe

Back to TOP