October 10, 2007

Progress

I can't believe how long it's been since I've updated this thing! My only excuse is I've been busy and tired. Lots of progress going on around here!

Let's see....

Tim turned 40 last month, wow! It was a pretty unexciting day for him between work and school. Ben picked out some cupcakes for him. Although, if truth be told....I think they were more for him than his daddy. Tim said that was okay though, he got more enjoyment out of watching Ben eat them. Now, why do you think he said that?



I've been home from work for about a week and a half now. Although I haven't been resting, I've been painting. I am almost done with my office/scrapbook room/girly oasis. It has been a real chore. I had to tear down wallpaper, sand the walls, prime the walls with 2 coats, paint the walls with 2 coats, then go back and add stripes around the room. This all took an entire week and boy did my body pay for it, I'm still a little sore. I think it turned out pretty cool! It's actually kind of modern looking which is normally not my style, but I really like it! It's definately a girly room. I still have a few more touches to add and then I will post pictures. In the meantime, here's a sneak peek at the color...


I pretty much have everything baby related done. I still need to wash the bassinet and sheets, the bouncy seat, install the carseat, and pack hospital/overnight bags for everyone. All of his clothes have been washed sorted and put away (including Ben's fall/winter wardrobe-if it'll ever get out of the 80's here). I am 36 weeks today. It's hard to believe in a month (hopefully less) I will be holding my sweet baby! I can't wait to meet him!! I'm very excited for Ben to meet him too. The other night Ben patted my belly and "hey baby!", it was so sweet! Here's my latest belly pic....

I think Alex has dropped in the last day or so. I'm feeling pretty heavy in my lower belly, and when I sit my belly is propped on my lap. I'm doing so good with my weight gain this go around! As of last week I have only gained a total of 21 lbs! By this point with Ben I was up 50 lbs, wow! I am now going to weekly appointments. I still have 1 more midwife to meet in the practice. Although I am really keeping my fingers crossed that Susie is on call when I go into labor. She is awesome!! She makes me feel so confident that I will be able to accomplish a natural birth. I know she would be able to get me through it.

Speaking of natural, we've decided to cloth diaper with Alex. I was able to get a good deal on some cloth diapers off of Craig's List. They are size medium so we won't be starting right away, but I hope it will save us tons of money in the long run. Not to mention it is much better for the environment, so that makes me feel good.

Now for some really GREAT news.....Ben peed in the potty today!!!!!!!! I was so happy I got teary eyed! We've been having him wear underwear during the day for about a month or so now. Even though he refused to go potty he would hold it until he got a diaper or put in the bath/shower. There have been a few accidents, but overall this kid must have a bladder of steel, lol! Well today I decided to fix a small plastic tub of warm water, set it in front of the potty, and have him step in it. No one can resist the need to pee when your feet hit warm water....sure enough, he went! Even though it is still not completely his own free will yet it is a HUGE step in the right direction. At least now he understands nothing bad will happen when he goes. I will keep going this route for a while and maybe he will catch on pretty quickly.

I think that pretty much catches us up. I'll try to be a little more diligent with my updates now that I am home fulltime again. In the meantime, I will leave you with a reminder of how much fun peanut butter and a 3yo can be....

1 thanks for stopping by, i love comments!:

TanishaRenee October 13, 2007 at 12:44 PM  

How cute is Ben?!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Blog List

Followers

Search This Blog

living in the moontime

About This Blog

IMG_4695w
I'm a mom with a camera that loves exploring the world around me through my macro lens...and of course showing off my handsome little men.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Sorpotel Recipe

Back to TOP