February 17, 2008

"listen mommy listen...."

"no more tickles!" says Ben in a most serious manner with a scowl on his face and arms crossed tightly. I, of course, obediently agree to abide by the new rule. Then he runs over already giggling and begs "want some more tickles mommy". This kid is really cracking me up lately! He says and does the funniest things. He has a fantastic imagination! I love listening to him dialogue with his toys when he doesn't realize I'm there. He often will reenact a conversation we've had or something he saw on TV. Last night I overheard him talking to his alligator in the tub. He told the alligator he was special....this is something Tim and I try say to Ben every day. It's nice to know he hears me. :)

We spend most of our days playing (and cleaning up after). It is exhausting, but oh so much fun! In one day an empty box became a race car, airplane, helicopter, space ship, turtle, dump truck, doghouse, torture device for the cat (poor Tweety), toy box, hiding place, package. Basically the only thing he didn't do with the box was put his baby brother in there. But when asked if he wanted to there was a slight contemplative pause before he decided against the idea. Which only proves to me that while Ben at times struggles with jealousy issues, he does love his brother.

Here he is jumping in for attention while I am trying to take Alex's picture. Wagging his butt in the mirror saying "look at me!". What a goofball!


We've been enjoying the warmer weather this weekend. I'm getting spring fever! We sat outside on the back porch playing cowboys and indians.

By the 2nd day it evolved into an all out war involving cowboys, indians, wild animals, army men, snakes, and a dinosaur. I am saddened to report that the wild animals are now extinct and the indian chief got a boo-boo. Alex enjoyed the fresh air too. He hung out in his Bumbo seat watching us play.


Oh, we made a puppet this week. Isn't he cute?

Ben helped pick out all of the embellishments. I think I will pick up more paper bags so we can make some more. It's not scrapbooking, but at least I will feel creative.

We've been doing a star chart with Ben for potty training. He's doing quite well! He's only had 2 accidents since we started and one of those was really my own fault. I can't wait until we are done with this! I hope Alex will be easier to potty train. I'm getting tired of wiping poop. Speaking of which, Alex has fully grown into his cloth diapers.
(see those cute chunky legs!) I still have a stash of disposables that I bought before he was born. I am only using them at night and if we go out. I've budgeted $200 of our income tax refund to purchase more cloth diapers. That should give me a stash that will last until Alex is potty trained. Just in time too, the cost of diapers just went up this week.

A couple more pictures to share....

Alex fell asleep on the couch while I was vacuuming the living room, lol.


My young padawan (it's Stars Wars people)


Well, this is my life right now. It's where I'm at.

And I wouldn't want to be anywhere else! :)

1 thanks for stopping by, i love comments!:

mamalove February 20, 2008 at 9:39 PM  

Alex makes my Si really look like a shrimp. Love the cloth, Mama! Such sweet babes you have.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Blog List

Followers

Search This Blog

living in the moontime

About This Blog

IMG_4695w
I'm a mom with a camera that loves exploring the world around me through my macro lens...and of course showing off my handsome little men.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Sorpotel Recipe

Back to TOP