April 20, 2008

Busted

Ben will be 4 years old in July. He's always been a very active and busy little boy. Heck, he was crawling by 9 months! A boy this busy didn't have time to slow down and work on his communication skills. And well, he is a boy afterall. So it's been real exciting watching his vocabulary really bloom in the past 6 months! I love that we can effectively communicate with each other now. Even when he is communicating his displeasure over something :)

Imagine my delight last night when I handed Ben the telephone and listened to him talk to his daddy. He told him everything we had done that day....."mommy's ear hurts...we went to grocery store to get medicine she got from the doctor...i got a prize(new matchbox car for being a good boy)....and we got cake and cookies!".

Oops! He wasn't supposed to tell that we got cake and cookies. Tim doesn't approve of sugar. And I wholeheartedly agree with him. Sugar is evil. There is a huge difference in Ben's attittude when he is on a sugar high. Think brat. The problem is mama is a sugarholic. It's a serious addiction. Although, I've done extremely well since January. I have managed to turn my sugar cravings over to fruit and other healthier choices. Sometimes I fall off the wagon though. And since I don't feel good I wanted to be comforted by some sickening sweet frosted sugar cookies. So I picked some up thinking Tim would never know, he's working all weekend and Ben and I will have these gone long before Monday morning.

So much for that plan.

When I snatched the phone away from Ben hoping Tim hadn't understood what he said all I could hear was a disapproving humphing noise.....he understood. I was busted.

At least I don't have to hide the cookies anymore.

2 thanks for stopping by, i love comments!:

TanishaRenee April 20, 2008 at 5:00 PM  

I know what you mean about falling off the sugar wagon. I was well on the way to teaching Donovan the difference between healthy snacks and junk food and getting him to choose healthier snacks and then I hit the end of my pregnancy and went into snack overload. Now I have to work harder to get him back on track (myself, too)! A little snack here and there is OK, but we're snacking too much...

Leslie April 22, 2008 at 12:07 PM  

LOL at your son busting you. ;) We often have some type of sweets in the house but I try not to partake too often. I made brownies for dh's b-day the other day. He wanted to eat some (with ice cream) last night after the kids had gone to bed. I told him to fix it and eat it away from me. I'm trying to lose some fat on my belly. I used to call it "maternal store" but since my youngest is 6.5 yrs, well, I think I can't have that excuse anymore. LOL

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Blog List

Followers

Search This Blog

living in the moontime

About This Blog

IMG_4695w
I'm a mom with a camera that loves exploring the world around me through my macro lens...and of course showing off my handsome little men.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Sorpotel Recipe

Back to TOP