April 21, 2008

we had a visitor today


Isn't she beautiful?

She's a Promethea Moth. She actually showed up last night in the door jam of our back door. She was perched eye level and is as big the palm of my hand. So when I flung the door open last night to let the cat in I about had a heart attack until I realized what it was. Sometimes living in the boonies can bring strange creatures. I'm so glad she hung around until this morning so I could snap a few pictures.



I wish I could have captured one with her wings spread. But I really, really wish I had a macro lens. I think I may need to start counting pennies...

3 thanks for stopping by, i love comments!:

Charmingdesigns April 21, 2008 at 8:55 PM  

Those are great!! Funny how they can catch you off guard huh. LOL. Laurie

Unknown April 22, 2008 at 12:14 AM  

Love your photography! glorious!

Leslie April 22, 2008 at 12:08 PM  

Very pretty! I'm saving right now for the lens you probably used to take this photo. LOL

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Blog List

Followers

Search This Blog

living in the moontime

About This Blog

IMG_4695w
I'm a mom with a camera that loves exploring the world around me through my macro lens...and of course showing off my handsome little men.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Sorpotel Recipe

Back to TOP