April 2, 2008

What I've been up to

Other than changing diapers, chasing toddlers, picking up toys, washing clothes, and all of the other 50 million things you have to do in a day raising children....

I am so happy to report I've lost 13lbs since January! I now weigh 130lbs. That's 13lbs UNDER my pre-pregnancy weight.This is the smallest I've been since having Ben. All of my pants are hanging on my hips (which are still quite plentiful, lol). Mind you, it's still pretty flabby and not at all pretty naked. But at least I look cute hidden under clothes, lol. I celebrated with a much needed haircut.

I really like the chunky layers. I never thought my fine hair could pull that off. I'd still like to get it colored. This not really blonde anymore, but not really brown either just doesn't do it for me. I want to do something really wild and funky basically just because I can. I will be 34 years old next month (yikes), gotta live it up while I can.

I'm still playing around with the photography. I bought a Speedlite flash with my income tax return and I can't figure it out. I know I will, I just haven't had proper time (and resources) to work through it. I am hoping it will help me with my focusing issues so I can catch those ever elusive crisp shots.

I'm scrapbooking!!! And I think I'm on a hot little roll if I do say so myself. I find myself exploring color more and I like it. Here's some peeks...





It also helps with these fab new pictures I'm getting...it has elevated my excitement and creativity to a whole new level. I really hope the mojo lasts. It's more important than ever that I have some things for myself. It keeps me connected to me. I think I got lost there for a while after having Ben. Insecure in the many changes that come with becoming a mother, physically and emotionally. It's strange though, having Alex has brought me a new confidence....well that and my new pants size :)

7 thanks for stopping by, i love comments!:

Melonie April 2, 2008 at 9:33 PM  

Ok so I am your new biggest fan! Love your style!

Huge Congrats on your weight loss. That's awesome.
Speaking of losing, it is definately easy to lose yourself to Mommyhood. Glad you are reclaiming something for yourself. I have been a Stay-at-home Mom for 8 years and I am just this year learning how important that is. Anyway, sorry for the novel. Love your stuff and looking forward to more!

mamalove April 4, 2008 at 3:08 PM  

HOT!!! Wow, you look fab! I'm totally inspired by your talent. I, too feel stuck right now, and need a little something to get my creative juices flowing. Thanks for the inspiration!

TanishaRenee April 6, 2008 at 12:59 PM  

Whoa- gorgeous LOs, I soooo adore your work!!! Love the hair and congrats on the weight loss! You look FAB! I'll be 34 this year, too so I know how you feel about "getting it in while you can"!

Vicki Chrisman April 7, 2008 at 12:20 AM  

Thanks for coming by my blog , so I could see yours. Love your layouts..and your photography is wonderful!

Leslie April 7, 2008 at 1:24 PM  

LOVE your LOs - gorgeous! Awesome photos too - tax refund well spent. ;) I followed your link from SBO - welcome to the site!

Babydoll April 8, 2008 at 12:04 PM  

Awesome layouts!! I love them!

Crafty Girl Studio April 15, 2008 at 4:26 PM  

Hey There Girl. Congrats on the weight loss. WTG! I really love your sneaker layout...got to share that with the ladies at SBO. They would love to see it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Blog List

Followers

Search This Blog

living in the moontime

About This Blog

IMG_4695w
I'm a mom with a camera that loves exploring the world around me through my macro lens...and of course showing off my handsome little men.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Sorpotel Recipe

Back to TOP