June 4, 2008

Macro Madness

I'm finally caught up with the editing of all my recent adventures around the house. I really love that we live in a place that offers such natural beauty and wildlife. Having a macro lens brings a whole new appreciation for these wonders, even the weeds take on a new perspective.

Wild strawberry

I have no idea what this is, but it struck me

Blueberries, yum! Do you think the neighbor will notice some missing?

Grape tomato, we can't wait for these to ripen!

Ladybug. I love how I even caught some water droplets on her back.

It looks like she is smiling at me.


Warning.....if you are squeamish you might want to skim over the next series. Even though spiders freak me out I have always liked grandaddy longlegs. Interesting tidbit I just learned....while a grandaddy longlegs is an arachnid it actually is not a spider. Who knew? This guy has been living in my gerber daisies.




I like the backlighting affect on this one.


And finally the many stages of a Milk Thistle.





All of these photos were taken in my yard or around my neighborhood. It is actually quite a challenge taking nature shots. First you have to wait and search for something to photograph. Then you have to compete with the right location, the right lighting, the wind moving your subject, or better yet your subject crawling or flying away. I also have a problem with camera shake. The use of a tripod and remote trigger would really be beneficial in achieving sharp focus especially when handling such a heavy lens. I'm really enjoying the process though and everytime I step outside I have my camera by my side. I can't wait to see what I find next!

4 thanks for stopping by, i love comments!:

Unknown June 4, 2008 at 3:54 PM  

AWESOME!! Seriously...all of these shots are amazing! I especially love the ladybug ones! One of the things I love about my macro is that I can stay in the yard all day making discoveries and learning things that I wouldn't have noticed without looking through the lens.

Melissa June 4, 2008 at 9:31 PM  

WOW! Those are incredible shots!! My faves are the lady bug ones. It really does look like he's smiling at you!! :)

Vicki Chrisman June 10, 2008 at 6:08 AM  

Wow... I LOVED every single amazing photo! I cant believe you caught that one if the lady bug out on that little piece of the leaf? Really really great photos!

TanishaRenee June 12, 2008 at 11:23 PM  

Honey, you are working that macro lens! Spectacular photos!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Blog List

Followers

Search This Blog

living in the moontime

About This Blog

IMG_4695w
I'm a mom with a camera that loves exploring the world around me through my macro lens...and of course showing off my handsome little men.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Sorpotel Recipe

Back to TOP