July 27, 2008

Dazzling dandelion



I love, love, love this shot! I wish I could take credit for it's originality, but I copied the idea from a local photo contest I entered. When I saw the orginal, I was struck....and probably have no chance of winning the contest now. But hey, it did inspire me to go out and try my hand at this shot. What I really like is the fact that when I saw it I knew immediately how to acheive it. I picked the dandelion, held it up positioned in front of the sun, and metered my camera for the sky instead of the dandelion so it would have the silhouette effect. It pleases me to know that I have learned enough about photography that I can recognize these techniques now instead of scratching my head wishing I knew how they did that. I just wish I had thought of it first...

3 thanks for stopping by, i love comments!:

Unknown July 28, 2008 at 10:47 AM  

So that's how you did it!! It's a stunning shot!

Melissa July 28, 2008 at 9:52 PM  

It's beautiful. Great job!

Vicki Chrisman July 28, 2008 at 11:59 PM  

I agree... beautiful! Well, I think your photography is always just stunning. Come to NE and teach me... Please! lol

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Blog List

Followers

Search This Blog

living in the moontime

About This Blog

IMG_4695w
I'm a mom with a camera that loves exploring the world around me through my macro lens...and of course showing off my handsome little men.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Sorpotel Recipe

Back to TOP