July 5, 2008

Going green



Alex sure loves his avocado! Kind of puts you in the mood for some guacamole, huh?

In other green news, I can proudly state I am a full time reusable grocery bag user. I've been wanting to do this for quite some time now. I wish more people in our area would jump on the bandwagon. Unfortunately here in the south it seems to be the land of gluttony and waste. I remember reading somewhere that out west some stores actually charge you for using plastic bags. I think this is a fine idea. Who knows, if the retailers don't have to pay for plastic bags maybe we could see the return in lower prices.

Now if only I could curtail our paper towel habit, it's such a wasteful addiction.

6 thanks for stopping by, i love comments!:

Anonymous July 5, 2008 at 7:45 PM  

This is how I justify the paper towels- I think of all the water I would be using to wash the dishtowels. Because who would want those lying around waiting to be washed for very long? The paper towel is recyclable[?] but water is an issue in my area

Melonie July 5, 2008 at 8:20 PM  

Oh that picture is so cute! We just made the switch to reuseable bags too. It just makes so much more sense.

Vicki Chrisman July 6, 2008 at 1:23 AM  

Ok..that photo got my attention! lol
I love avacodos too!!!
As for the cloth bags.. I too need to make that change. Thanks for the push. I keep thinking .. sooon.

Melissa July 6, 2008 at 12:48 PM  

Alex looks like a little old man in that pic. So adorable!!

We switched to cloth bags a few months ago and love it! Great to hear you made the switch. :) I hear you on the paper towels, though. We stopped using them for a short time an then started back up again. I do try to use them sparingly, though.

Unknown July 9, 2008 at 10:33 AM  

OMG! That picture cracks me up! Too funny :)

We are working on making the switch. I am making tote bags as quick as I can so that we have enough when we go shopping. We are paper towel junkies over here. I try to put a dish towel up but for some reason it always ends up down in the laundry pile...I wonder who the culprit is? lol

Amy July 12, 2008 at 10:46 AM  

LOL, he is so sweet. Congrats on the paper bag thang. You can do it!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Blog List

Followers

Search This Blog

living in the moontime

About This Blog

IMG_4695w
I'm a mom with a camera that loves exploring the world around me through my macro lens...and of course showing off my handsome little men.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Sorpotel Recipe

Back to TOP