August 15, 2008

Enjoying the weather

This past week has been so pleasant! Temps in the low to mid 80's with a nice breeze and little humidity, very untypical for Georgia weather in August. So I finally took my camera out for some play time. Here are a few of my favorites...

This is a female Eastern Tiger Swallowtail. Females actually come in two forms, the black form as seen here, and a yellow form similiar to the male. I've been trying to capture one of these all summer long. Although this shot isn't great. She was perched up high and far so I had to crop in tight for you to appreciate her full beauty. Next year we will be planting some butterfly friendly plants around the yard to attract them. In the meantime I'll keep chasing.

Photobucket


I found this wild Passion Vine growing randomly in the woods. I plan to go back now that I know what it is and attempt to catch the flowers fully opened. It's so unusual and beautiful!
Photobucket
Photobucket


This is a Buckeye. And brings my count up to 8 different types of butterflies I have identified in our yard.
Photobucket
Photobucket


Is it just me, or does he look like he is smiling for the camera?
Photobucket


And just some other random misc shots...
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

3 thanks for stopping by, i love comments!:

Anonymous August 15, 2008 at 3:29 PM  

wow awesome photography!

Unknown August 15, 2008 at 3:32 PM  

That grasshopper is totally smiling! Great shots....I absolutely love the passion flower vine!

Brooke & The Boys August 19, 2008 at 4:45 PM  

Hey...is that my butterfly bush that bee is on??? :( so sad, I don't live there...

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Blog List

Followers

Search This Blog

living in the moontime

About This Blog

IMG_4695w
I'm a mom with a camera that loves exploring the world around me through my macro lens...and of course showing off my handsome little men.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Sorpotel Recipe

Back to TOP