August 7, 2008

Letting go...

The time has come to let go of my little boy for his first adventure on his own out into the big, big world. We attended his preschool open house tonight. I have so many emotions running through me right now. I'm excited (and scared) for him, but sad for me. Even though he will only be gone 3 days a week, I will miss him terribly. And if truth be told I think his daddy is going to take it even harder than I am.

When we first arrived Ben was very shy and timid.


After consuming 3 tootsie rolls though he loosened up and started exploring his new classroom. They had some coloring materials and activities set out for the kids to play with.



We met his teachers Miss Gina and Miss Fondia. Miss Gina is also the preschool program director. Here is Tim and Alex talking with her.


They will have several field trips throughout the year, including a trip to Burt's Pumpkin Farm. And I've signed up to help out with at least 3 classroom parties.

It's hard letting him go, but I know that Ben will do fine. He is going to enjoy learning and playing with kids his own age. He is always so proud to show off any newfound knowledge and I can't wait to see his cubby hole filled with his latest accomplishments.



Even if that means I have to face the reality that my babies won't stay babies forever. Off to find some tissues now...

2 thanks for stopping by, i love comments!:

Unknown August 9, 2008 at 7:26 PM  

Aw! He's going to love it! You'll get used to it eventually. I know I'm going to be hearing these same things from you next year when I'm going through it LOL Great pics!

Happay Mommay aka Happay Scrappay August 11, 2008 at 11:12 PM  

our husbands look strangely alike...

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Blog List

Followers

Search This Blog

living in the moontime

About This Blog

IMG_4695w
I'm a mom with a camera that loves exploring the world around me through my macro lens...and of course showing off my handsome little men.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Sorpotel Recipe

Back to TOP