October 28, 2008

It's the Great Pumpkin Alexander!

IMG_5488w

You know I had to do it, Alex really wishes that I hadn't. I couldn't help it. Is it wrong that I think this is funny?

We carved our big,huge pumpkin today. Ben wanted a smiley face pumpkin. He designed (or more accurately directed me as I drew it out) the face. He was very specific....he wanted triangle eyes, a traingle nose, and a smiley face with 2 teeth. I managed to squeeze in a 3rd tooth for his approval. He also quickly corrected me when I inverted the triangle nose. I believe his exacts words were "you're doing it wrong". The boy knows what he wants.

Here's a few snapshots...

IMG_5466w

Pumpkin eyes
Pumpkin eyes

The finished product
IMG_5504w

I also did some work on Ben's costume. He has wanted to be a robot since the beginning of summer. I used a box, some trinkets found at the thrift store, Tim's work shop, and my scrapbooking supplies. I have to admit, it is coming out pretty darned cute...if robots are allowed to be cute that is. I've really enjoyed handmaking his costumes the past couple of years. I hope to keep up the tradition in future years.

Here's a sneak peek, you'll have to wait until after Halloween to see the finished product ;)
Sneak peek

We finished the evening off with my favorite holiday cartoon of all time, It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown. Perfect.

2 thanks for stopping by, i love comments!:

Vicki Chrisman October 31, 2008 at 1:40 AM  

OH.. I LOVED looking at these photos!... and I can not wait to see the costume!

Unknown October 31, 2008 at 9:59 AM  

Great shots! That pumpkin shot of Alex cracks me up everytime I see it LOL I so cannot wait to see Bens costume! I know it's going to be awesome!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Blog List

Followers

Search This Blog

living in the moontime

About This Blog

IMG_4695w
I'm a mom with a camera that loves exploring the world around me through my macro lens...and of course showing off my handsome little men.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Sorpotel Recipe

Back to TOP