October 28, 2008

It's the Great Pumpkin Alexander!

IMG_5488w

You know I had to do it, Alex really wishes that I hadn't. I couldn't help it. Is it wrong that I think this is funny?

We carved our big,huge pumpkin today. Ben wanted a smiley face pumpkin. He designed (or more accurately directed me as I drew it out) the face. He was very specific....he wanted triangle eyes, a traingle nose, and a smiley face with 2 teeth. I managed to squeeze in a 3rd tooth for his approval. He also quickly corrected me when I inverted the triangle nose. I believe his exacts words were "you're doing it wrong". The boy knows what he wants.

Here's a few snapshots...

IMG_5466w

Pumpkin eyes
Pumpkin eyes

The finished product
IMG_5504w

I also did some work on Ben's costume. He has wanted to be a robot since the beginning of summer. I used a box, some trinkets found at the thrift store, Tim's work shop, and my scrapbooking supplies. I have to admit, it is coming out pretty darned cute...if robots are allowed to be cute that is. I've really enjoyed handmaking his costumes the past couple of years. I hope to keep up the tradition in future years.

Here's a sneak peek, you'll have to wait until after Halloween to see the finished product ;)
Sneak peek

We finished the evening off with my favorite holiday cartoon of all time, It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown. Perfect.

2 thanks for stopping by, i love comments!:

Vicki C October 31, 2008 at 1:40 AM  

OH.. I LOVED looking at these photos!... and I can not wait to see the costume!

Sarah October 31, 2008 at 9:59 AM  

Great shots! That pumpkin shot of Alex cracks me up everytime I see it LOL I so cannot wait to see Bens costume! I know it's going to be awesome!

There was an error in this gadget
Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Blog List

Followers

Search This Blog

living in the moontime

About This Blog

IMG_4695w
I'm a mom with a camera that loves exploring the world around me through my macro lens...and of course showing off my handsome little men.
There was an error in this gadget

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Sorpotel Recipe

Back to TOP