October 4, 2008

iSpy Parts

This week Sarah was in charge if issuing our iSpy challenge.

Her directive: "Focus your picture on a part of the subject rather than the whole subject."

This was the perfect challenge for me! I tend to get tunnel vision when photographing the boys. I only focus on their faces and attempting eye contact. I forget about the other little details that make up their beings.

I took this shot the other day while at the park of Alex exploring his surroundings.
iSpy-Parts.1

Which then inspired these shots...

This is mine and Ben's hand...
iSpy-Parts.3

And this is mine and Alex's hand...
iSpy-Parts.2

Every time I look at the last two shots I am struck with a powerful emotion and get a huge lump in my throat. I've seen similiar photographs of this type of course, but it takes on a whole new meaning when it's your hand with your child's hand.

All I can ever hope for is that I am able to guide them safely through their lives with all the love and support that they will ever need...and then some.

3 thanks for stopping by, i love comments!:

Unknown October 4, 2008 at 10:11 PM  

Those last two photos are amazing! You did a great job with the challenge!

Melissa October 6, 2008 at 3:15 PM  

These are so darling!!! So sentimental. :)

Katherine October 7, 2008 at 8:19 AM  

Each time I come here I am struck by the beauty of my daughter. Her beauty within and her beauty without. Her tallents in writing, photography, scrap booking with the ability to still be a great Mother and wife is incredible. By keeping this blog current it allows us a look at our grandchildren's daily lives........and they are amazingly wonderful, adorable and oh so loveable. I truly believe our grandchildren are blessed to have such parents. Parents who not only love thier children, they also enjoy them.

We love you all,
Mom and Dad

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Blog List

Followers

Search This Blog

living in the moontime

About This Blog

IMG_4695w
I'm a mom with a camera that loves exploring the world around me through my macro lens...and of course showing off my handsome little men.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Sorpotel Recipe

Back to TOP