October 4, 2008

Thirteeen years ago...the day the Earth stood still

Thirteen years ago I worked for a high performance EMS service. We handled approximately 300 transports a day with at least 500 requests for service. We were the 911 provider for 2 major counties in the Metro Atlanta area as well as the primary convalescent transport service for all of Metro Atlanta and beyond. My point is we were very busy, there was rarely a dull moment.

Thirteen years ago a verdict was reached in the OJ Simpson/Nicole Brown case. Someone had brought a small portable television to work so we could watch when the verdict was read. For 5 solid minutes there was complete silence. No phone calls, no radio traffic, no emergencies. It seems the world stopped to watch OJ get acquitted. I remember looking around the room in awe of the silence.

Today karma caught up with OJ Simpson.

2 thanks for stopping by, i love comments!:

Unknown October 4, 2008 at 8:37 PM  

I remember that day 13 years ago well....Karmas a bitch, isn't it OJ?

karlascottage.typepad.com October 25, 2008 at 10:31 PM  

Yippee!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Blog List

Followers

Search This Blog

living in the moontime

About This Blog

IMG_4695w
I'm a mom with a camera that loves exploring the world around me through my macro lens...and of course showing off my handsome little men.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Sorpotel Recipe

Back to TOP