December 14, 2008

The house that Ben built

I remember when I was younger making gingerbread houses with my mom. Although I guess they weren't technically gingerbread houses since we used graham crackers, but who likes gingerbread cookies anyway? This year I decided to pick up one of those gingerbread house kits to make with the boys. They had 2 different kits.... a basic model and one with fancy shapes, trees, wreaths and whatnot. While I tentatively reached for the fancy one I looked over at the grocery cart at those 2 devilish blonde haired, blue eyed boys grinning back at me and reached for the basic setup instead. It was a good call. What a mess we made!

But it was tons of fun! After the basic pieces were put together I let Ben take over the decorating, even though it was difficult not to make it 'perfect' looking.

IMG_6888w

IMG_6892w

Decorations aren't just for gingerbread houses anymore!
IMG_6894-2w

He was so proud!
IMG_6896w

IMG_6903w

I have to admit, it is the most perfect gingerbread house I ever saw!

4 thanks for stopping by, i love comments!:

Anonymous December 16, 2008 at 6:01 PM  

He did a wonderful job!! That is the cutest little gingerbread house ever! What a cutie!

Anonymous December 16, 2008 at 9:34 PM  

oh he looks like he's having soooo much fun. I love kids doing crafts!

TanishaRenee December 22, 2008 at 11:48 AM  

it looks absolutely beautiful to me! Yummy, too!

Amy January 1, 2009 at 6:34 PM  

You are right. That is definatly the best gingerbread house I have ever seen!!! Great job Ben. He is getting so big too!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Blog List

Followers

Search This Blog

living in the moontime

About This Blog

IMG_4695w
I'm a mom with a camera that loves exploring the world around me through my macro lens...and of course showing off my handsome little men.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Sorpotel Recipe

Back to TOP