January 22, 2009

Change


On Tuesday I witnessed a historical moment in US history. I cannot express in words the emotion I felt other than to say I was deeply moved. I have hope that my children may grow up in a more kinder, loving, and accepting nation free from bigotry and prejudices.

I have hope.

On a funny note....

The night before, I asked Ben if he knew what was going to happen the next day. His eyes got big and sparkly and asked "what is it?". I told him the we will get a new President tomorrow. He broke out into a huge grin and said "For me? I get a new toy?". His little 4 year old brain heard present, not president.

Then I asked Ben if he knew what the President does (they had been learning about him in school) and he said "Yes, he protects us". As I was agreeing with him, he went on to say "from the monsters and aliens in their spaceship flying around the Earth!". Well, I guess technically speaking that would be part of the President's job requirements if the need should arise.

1 thanks for stopping by, i love comments!:

Anonymous January 30, 2009 at 7:18 PM  

This gave me a good giggle!! What a cute boy you have there!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Blog List

Followers

Search This Blog

living in the moontime

About This Blog

IMG_4695w
I'm a mom with a camera that loves exploring the world around me through my macro lens...and of course showing off my handsome little men.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Sorpotel Recipe

Back to TOP