January 22, 2009

Change


On Tuesday I witnessed a historical moment in US history. I cannot express in words the emotion I felt other than to say I was deeply moved. I have hope that my children may grow up in a more kinder, loving, and accepting nation free from bigotry and prejudices.

I have hope.

On a funny note....

The night before, I asked Ben if he knew what was going to happen the next day. His eyes got big and sparkly and asked "what is it?". I told him the we will get a new President tomorrow. He broke out into a huge grin and said "For me? I get a new toy?". His little 4 year old brain heard present, not president.

Then I asked Ben if he knew what the President does (they had been learning about him in school) and he said "Yes, he protects us". As I was agreeing with him, he went on to say "from the monsters and aliens in their spaceship flying around the Earth!". Well, I guess technically speaking that would be part of the President's job requirements if the need should arise.

1 thanks for stopping by, i love comments!:

wakeupandlive January 30, 2009 at 7:18 PM  

This gave me a good giggle!! What a cute boy you have there!!

There was an error in this gadget
Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Blog List

Followers

Search This Blog

living in the moontime

About This Blog

IMG_4695w
I'm a mom with a camera that loves exploring the world around me through my macro lens...and of course showing off my handsome little men.
There was an error in this gadget

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Sorpotel Recipe

Back to TOP