April 14, 2009

Before and After

Last week's iSpy challenge was all about post processing. It's amazing how you can quickly turn around an image with editing.

Here's a pretty little bee feasting on an apple blossom.
iSpy-Before.1

After a crop, some brightening, then a seventies wash, and finally a TTV layer added.
iSpy-After.1

Here's a snapshot I took of Alex in this cute hat I picked up off of Etsy that can be found here. (be prepared to see more of this hat, just waiting on his 1st haircut and a new backdrop)
iSpy-Before.2

It was a cute snapshot, but all wrong since it was taken in the harsh sunlight blowing out his hat and shirt. We won't discuss the dirt on his face. I still liked the eye contact though so I decided to play around with it.

After a crop, lots cleaning up of his face, eye pop and sharpen, and a high key black and white conversion with a black border here is my cutie.
iSpy-After.2

Much better! I like the vintage-y feel to it now....and the clean face ;)

I love exploring with different edits. It opens up all kinds of possibilities.

2 thanks for stopping by, i love comments!:

wakeupandlive April 15, 2009 at 8:44 AM  

I am in love with the ttv bee shot!! Amazing! And, well, Alex is just too cute for words :) I love that hat!

Jenn April 16, 2009 at 2:48 PM  

Great edit! But I must say, you have an excellent subject!

There was an error in this gadget
Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Blog List

Followers

Search This Blog

living in the moontime

About This Blog

IMG_4695w
I'm a mom with a camera that loves exploring the world around me through my macro lens...and of course showing off my handsome little men.
There was an error in this gadget

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Sorpotel Recipe

Back to TOP