June 6, 2009

Library love

Library love

I took the boys to the library the other day just for something to do. It had been raining and they (and me) needed a change of scenery. The library had their summer reading program in full swing and it took me back. I remember many, many summers ago participating with the summer reading program when I was a little girl. Some of my earliest memories are of perusing the aisles of the Riverdale Library. The smell of old books transport me back to that time. I would read a lot of Judy Blume, The Bobbsey Twins, Nancy Drew, and The Hardy Boys, among others. I have always loved to read. It's a way of letting go and escaping into another world. This passion has continued with me in my adult life. I love a good book!

I have never appreciated a library as much as I have in the past few years. While my passion for reading can be costly with the price of new books, the cost of checking out a book at the library is free. You may not get the most recent published right away, but that's okay. My to-read list is at least a mile long of older classics so that gives me a chance to attempt to make a dent in the list. Not to mention, if I bought every book I ever wanted to read I'd have to buy a another house just for storage.

I love that Ben has grown an appreciation for books. Even though he's not necessarily interested in the written story per se, he'd rather invent his own by the picture, it makes me happy that he loves to visit the alternate world of imagery.

Thank goodness we have the library to nurture our desire to read and expand our minds!

1 thanks for stopping by, i love comments!:

Unknown June 7, 2009 at 11:52 AM  

Another way we are so much alike ;) Since I was a kid I've been a bookworm...and there is nothing like the smell of a library! Great photo too :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Blog List

Followers

Search This Blog

living in the moontime

About This Blog

IMG_4695w
I'm a mom with a camera that loves exploring the world around me through my macro lens...and of course showing off my handsome little men.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Sorpotel Recipe

Back to TOP