July 24, 2009

Finding joy in the little things

I pulled my camera out for the 1st time in what has seemed like forever for a play outside. It felt nice having it in my hand again.

A butterfly is a symbol of transformation and as we are in the midst of many life transitions right while we deal with losses and prepare our oldest son for a huge milestone in the next couple of weeks (Kindergarten), I can't help but feel like this beauty was sent to me. I haven't seen many Eastern Tiger Swallowtails all summer, especially in my yard. Yet on this day she hung around our crepe myrtle long enough for me to run inside to grab my camera.
Eastern Tiger Swallowtail

Here's a Skipper that just loves our mint plant
head on skipper

All rolled up
all rolled up

Delicately perched
delicate perch

I'm pretty sure I know where all of the alien movies get their costume inspiration from...
inspiration for alien movies

You bee looking at me?
You bee looking at me?

Camouflaged
camouflaged

An American Painted Lady TTV style
American Painted Lady TTV

1 thanks for stopping by, i love comments!:

Unknown July 29, 2009 at 2:07 PM  

Your photos are always amazing! We haven't seen very many butterflies this year because of the ridiculous amount of rain we've been having.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Blog List

Followers

Search This Blog

living in the moontime

About This Blog

IMG_4695w
I'm a mom with a camera that loves exploring the world around me through my macro lens...and of course showing off my handsome little men.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Sorpotel Recipe

Back to TOP