August 3, 2009

The story of the dragonfly

Posturing

Twice this past week I have seen 2 different dragonflies hanging around the house. It struck me on the coincidence of this since I've been chasing a good dragonfly picture for over a year now. After some googling I found this story...

In the bottom of an old pond lived some grubs. They could not understand why none of their group came back after crawling up the stems of the lilies to the top of the water.

They promised each other that the next one who was called to make the upward climb would return and tell what happened to her.

Soon, one of them felt an urgent impulse to seek the surface. She rested on top of a lily pad and went through a glorious transformation that made her a dragonfly with beautiful wings. In vain she tried to keep her promise - flying back and forth over the pond. She peered down at her loved ones below.

Then she realised, even if they could see her they would not recognize such a radiant creature as one of their number.

The fact that we cannot see our loved ones or communicate with them after the transformation which we call death, there is no proof they cease to exist.


Maybe I'm just still struggling and grasping for answers. Then again, maybe it's a gentle reminder that even though if feels we've lost so much lately, Kojak and Greg are not lost in our hearts.

It still hurts though....

2 thanks for stopping by, i love comments!:

Unknown August 3, 2009 at 1:00 PM  

I love this story and it is one I have never seen before. The one I have always gone back to for solace is the boat, sailing away until it becomes a dot on the horizon and just when it disappears from our sight...it comes into view of the other shore, with loved ones waiting there with waves, hugs and love to welcome them back.

I am several years distant from the deaths of those who passed (grandparents and the best pets), but are still near to my heart. Even so, your post has brought a lump to my throat. Time heals, but it sure doesn't erase.

Anonymous August 3, 2009 at 5:50 PM  

This is a beautiful story. So glad you found it. We never forget or stop loving the ones who have gone through the transformation. Every day some little thing will remind us of them
and sometimes bring a tear to our eye or a smile to our face. Hearts are a mysterious thing. Thiink of all they hold other than our life's blood. Love You Tab.
LD

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Blog List

Followers

Search This Blog

living in the moontime

About This Blog

IMG_4695w
I'm a mom with a camera that loves exploring the world around me through my macro lens...and of course showing off my handsome little men.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Sorpotel Recipe

Back to TOP