September 15, 2009

A walk in the woods

Oh, about 3 weeks ago the boys and I went for a day hike with their Uncle Bill and Uncle Clint. I took nearly 400 pictures that day and have been so overwhelmed and still just honestly having a hard time bouncing back from July that I am just now getting around to editing them. I'm a little disappointed in the quality too and maybe that's why I kept putting it off. But it was a very fun day and ultimately it is about the memories. So here goes, lots of pictures and memories....

hitting the trail
IMG_7210w

it's a big tree!
IMG_7221w

trying to keep up
IMG_7263w

come on mom(my), can't you keep up?
IMG_7259w

this is a Promethea Moth we found on the trail that had just emerged waiting for her wings to dry and harden
IMG_7239w

Uncle Clint said he brought the cane to keep little boys in line, I thought he was joking ;)
IMG_7280w

that's okay, Uncle Bill will protect me
IMG_7311w

my little rock climber, this was about 10 feet up
IMG_7344-2w

in his words "King of the Mountain!"
IMG_7358w

why can't they both cooperate at the same time?
IMG_7370w

well, here's one of them looking
IMG_7371 copy

time for a snack break
IMG_7382w

and a water fight
IMG_7391w

2 against 1, guess who didn't win
IMG_7397w

time for splashing in the river!
IMG_7440w

IMG_7545w

IMG_7548 copy

thou shall not throw rocks at thy brother
IMG_7499w

yep, he had fun
IMG_7552w

he did too!
IMG_7188w

and finally, my 2 favorites from the day
IMG_7470w

IMG_7431w


We had tons of fun and can't wait to go back! I do find it pretty ironic though that we left the mountains to go hiking in the city.

2 thanks for stopping by, i love comments!:

Unknown September 16, 2009 at 1:25 PM  

Great pics, LOVE the last one of him looking down the river!

Unknown September 20, 2009 at 6:35 PM  

ALL of these pics make me smile!! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Blog List

Followers

Search This Blog

living in the moontime

About This Blog

IMG_4695w
I'm a mom with a camera that loves exploring the world around me through my macro lens...and of course showing off my handsome little men.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Sorpotel Recipe

Back to TOP