October 29, 2009

Trip to the apple orchard

This was the first time the boys and I have ever gone apple picking. And even though the day ended up costing just a wee bit more than the all inclusive $5 advertised and Alex had a meltdown of epic proportions, we had a great time with our new friends Kelley, Owen, and Chloe!

We started out in orchard. It was really neat that the trees were kept dwarf sized so that the little ones could reach the apples.

IMG_9321

IMG_9331

IMG_9350

IMG_9341

IMG_9344

IMG_9339

IMG_9345


After picking apples we headed over to the ginormous slide. All of the kids really enjoyed this part!

IMG_9371

IMG_9378

IMG_9415

IMG_9499


After the slide, we headed over to the zip line....

IMG_9553


and this is when things started going wrong.

IMG_9557


Alex was getting tired and frustrated that we didn't stay on the slide all day.

And then it went really wrong on the tricycle path. Even though Ben tried to help his little brother out, he had already reached the point of no return.

IMG_9620


It was at this point that I realized I had become "that mother". You know, the one everyone is staring at because their child is screaming at the top of his lungs and I can't control him. I was at a total loss as to what to do.......so I took his picture while he was having a throwdown in the gravel :)

IMG_9623


Fortunately a hot dog, some water, and snuggles in my lap calmed him down enough to watch the pig races.

IMG_9656


Ben and Chloe watching the piggies

IMG_9629


As I said, overall it was a great time and we have plenty of apples for an apple pie, or two, and will likely go back next year.....maybe without Alex ;)

1 thanks for stopping by, i love comments!:

Unknown October 30, 2009 at 9:58 AM  

Oh my gosh...that picture of Alex in the gravel....hahaha! It looks like you guys had a blast!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Blog List

Followers

Search This Blog

living in the moontime

About This Blog

IMG_4695w
I'm a mom with a camera that loves exploring the world around me through my macro lens...and of course showing off my handsome little men.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Sorpotel Recipe

Back to TOP