November 2, 2009

Failed rescue attempt

As we were heading out the door the other day Tim noticed something struggling in clutches of Tweety's jaws. It was a Monarch butterfly, the only one I've seen this year. Tim was able to get her to release it.

IMG_9677


I settled the butterfly on one the butterfly bush blooms and hoped for the best.

IMG_9694


Sadly, we found it dead on the ground later that evening.

Not only that, but Tweety also decided to to dismember a Tufted Titmouse that same day. I know it's what kitties do, but that doesn't mean I have to like it.

3 thanks for stopping by, i love comments!:

Unknown November 3, 2009 at 5:06 PM  

Oh man :( My cat Samson brings home so many creatures and I always try to save them...mostly without success.

Jenn Jorgensen November 6, 2009 at 1:56 PM  

Oh, Tabitha, it wasn't a failed rescue....You guys rescued you and gave her more time.......She's beautiful.

And I'm sure she is grateful for you and your husband....xoxoxox

Jenn Jorgensen November 6, 2009 at 1:57 PM  

ahh I meant to write rescued her..

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Blog List

Followers

Search This Blog

living in the moontime

About This Blog

IMG_4695w
I'm a mom with a camera that loves exploring the world around me through my macro lens...and of course showing off my handsome little men.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Sorpotel Recipe

Back to TOP