November 2, 2009

Failed rescue attempt

As we were heading out the door the other day Tim noticed something struggling in clutches of Tweety's jaws. It was a Monarch butterfly, the only one I've seen this year. Tim was able to get her to release it.

IMG_9677


I settled the butterfly on one the butterfly bush blooms and hoped for the best.

IMG_9694


Sadly, we found it dead on the ground later that evening.

Not only that, but Tweety also decided to to dismember a Tufted Titmouse that same day. I know it's what kitties do, but that doesn't mean I have to like it.

3 thanks for stopping by, i love comments!:

Sarah November 3, 2009 at 5:06 PM  

Oh man :( My cat Samson brings home so many creatures and I always try to save them...mostly without success.

Jenn November 6, 2009 at 1:56 PM  

Oh, Tabitha, it wasn't a failed rescue....You guys rescued you and gave her more time.......She's beautiful.

And I'm sure she is grateful for you and your husband....xoxoxox

Jenn November 6, 2009 at 1:57 PM  

ahh I meant to write rescued her..

There was an error in this gadget
Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Blog List

Followers

Search This Blog

living in the moontime

About This Blog

IMG_4695w
I'm a mom with a camera that loves exploring the world around me through my macro lens...and of course showing off my handsome little men.
There was an error in this gadget

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Sorpotel Recipe

Back to TOP