November 8, 2009

Stargazing

The two biggest boys decided to take advantage of our beautiful weather and have a camp out on the back deck. Ben was so excited that he started claiming that he was sooooooo tired by 6 o'clock that evening just so he could go curl up in the sleeping bag and nearly drove us crazy until it was time.

IMG_0049


It was a gorgeous clear night for star gazing and Ben was filled with wonder as he laid there looking up. We saw 3 shooting stars all within 5 minutes.

IMG_0054


That really bright star (but blurry because I don't have a tripod) is Jupiter and the red and white dots going across is actually an airplane that flew by. I had my shutter open for 30 seconds so it caught the progression.

IMG_0062


I love that Ben finds such joy and pleasure in the natural things. We are hoping to take a family camping trip soon weather permitting. It's been far too long since we've played in the woods.

2 thanks for stopping by, i love comments!:

Unknown November 8, 2009 at 10:49 PM  

Fun, fun, fun! Love the pictures, we love the outdoors too! Although now it is too cold for us to be camping until May. Have a great week!

Unknown November 9, 2009 at 9:12 AM  

Oh how fun!!! I'm jealous of your warm weather! Lily and I will for sure be camping out in the yard next summer :) And now I want to take pictures of the stars :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Blog List

Followers

Search This Blog

living in the moontime

About This Blog

IMG_4695w
I'm a mom with a camera that loves exploring the world around me through my macro lens...and of course showing off my handsome little men.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Sorpotel Recipe

Back to TOP