December 14, 2009

i miss this face

i miss this face :(


I've been following along a photography blog called i ♥ faces for a while now, but never participated with one of their challenges until today. When they posted this week's theme on pets I felt a strong urge to go digging up an old picture of my sweet Kojak.

He's been on my mind a lot lately. I still miss him so very much. I can clearly recall how his muzzle smelled, how he felt in my arms when I wrapped them around his big neck, the way he shuffled his feet through the kitchen, and so many more little details. He had the most beautiful soulful eyes and the gentlest disposition. He was such a great friend and companion, my bugaboo.

15 thanks for stopping by, i love comments!:

Valeria December 14, 2009 at 3:25 PM  

looooove this photo. I had a white German Shepherd, yours reminds me of him. I miss him so much too!

Suki December 14, 2009 at 4:38 PM  

Great entry and such a sad story.
Hugs to you. I know what it feels like to miss a beloved animal.

Jen @ After The Alter December 14, 2009 at 4:38 PM  

oh he's beautiful!!! such a great picture! What a great excuse to remember him...dogs are just wonderful

Photography by Elli December 14, 2009 at 4:42 PM  

He is simply adorable. Makes me think about my dog that's passed. I miss my furry buddy too.

Julia Spencer December 14, 2009 at 4:43 PM  

sweet...

Rebecca December 14, 2009 at 5:11 PM  

This is a beautiful photo of a beautiful friend!!

Lauren December 14, 2009 at 5:16 PM  

His eyes are so soulful. Thanks for sharing...

Kathryn December 14, 2009 at 5:24 PM  

Your dog was beautiful. I just posted my first picture today too, and the story was similar. Our "family dog" (belonged to my SIL...but we all LOVED him) died a year ago, and I posted a picture of him with my nephew...my favorite picture of him. He was a beautiful Golden Retriever named Jake.

Unknown December 14, 2009 at 5:41 PM  

A beautiful bugaboo...I use that word too! He sure looks like he was a pretty great friend :)

Unknown December 14, 2009 at 6:30 PM  

Thanks for sharing! My families dog was killed in a tragic accident last August, so I definitely understand! He looks like he was a completely wonderful dog, and I absolutley love the photo!!!

WendysPhotos December 14, 2009 at 8:32 PM  

What an awesome photo! Looks like he is laying on a piece of clothing (shirt, maybe). Our dog loves to lay on hubby's clothes - like security. We love have a big dog to wrap your arms around. I love his eyes!

Anonymous December 14, 2009 at 9:22 PM  

What an amazing pic and such a beautiful story. I know how hard it is to lose a member of the family, my heart goes out to you!

Linda (granspics) December 14, 2009 at 9:55 PM  

What a beautiful dog! Losing a pet IS losing a member of the family. Thanks for sharing with all of us!

Anonymous December 14, 2009 at 10:07 PM  

Most people have to stay around here on earth so we can keep trying to get it right and learn to be nice. Dogs..they get to go to heaven a lot faster, because they already have being nice downpat. Dontcha think? What a sweet baby.. I'm so glad for YOU that you captured this moment..

Stylist A December 15, 2009 at 1:40 AM  

Such a sweet pup, such a wonderful picture... and such a sad story! Hope this picture is in frame!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Blog List

Followers

Search This Blog

living in the moontime

About This Blog

IMG_4695w
I'm a mom with a camera that loves exploring the world around me through my macro lens...and of course showing off my handsome little men.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Sorpotel Recipe

Back to TOP