December 16, 2009

trimming the tree

We broke our usual tradition (procrastination) and set up our tree early this year. We typically wait until the week before to do it. As I swept up 3 broken ornaments and pulled the kitten out from the middle of the tree numerous times I was reminded why we wait, but it's all in good fun I guess.

The boys were anxious to get started and couldn't wait for my assistance. I think a bit of guidance is in order for placing the wooden cranberry beads, don't you?

016ew

014ew


After getting the beads straightened out we went to town hanging the ornaments. I love that our tree is an eclectic selection of ornaments we've collected over the years.

Here are the boys hanging their 'Baby's 1st Christmas' ornaments.

018ew

026ew


Just for fun (hope you're not too grossed out by the huge wad of gum in his mouth)

074 copy


Here's the best viewing spot of the tree, underneath looking up at all the lights...I remember doing this as a child.

038ew


Sylvester thinks it's a good spot for a nap...

034 copy


My favorite part is the way Alex breathes "wow!" like it's the 1st time he's ever seen the tree whenever I plug the lights in.

I still have a little bit of tweaking to do of the overall decorating. I am making their stockings this year and still need to sew them all together. I'll share when I get it all done.

4 thanks for stopping by, i love comments!:

Unknown December 16, 2009 at 1:23 PM  

I LOVE the shot of their pigs while laying on their backs under the tree. That's awesome!

pingle is my captcha word. wondering if that would be permissible in scrabble. excuse me while I go pingle now.

Unknown December 17, 2009 at 4:36 PM  

Great shots Tabitha! I too LOVE that shot of them under the tree...beautiful :) Merry Christmas to you my friend with lots of love ♥

Anonymous December 17, 2009 at 9:48 PM  

I love all the pictures. So cute. I found you through I <3 Faces. Your dog picture was awesome also.

4chalseys@blogger January 2, 2010 at 12:23 PM  

I have spent the longest time looking through your beautiful blog! I absolutely love your photos. I can't wait to see more! Happy New Year!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Blog List

Followers

Search This Blog

living in the moontime

About This Blog

IMG_4695w
I'm a mom with a camera that loves exploring the world around me through my macro lens...and of course showing off my handsome little men.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Sorpotel Recipe

Back to TOP